TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

If you could have your TT/TTS in any color, what would it be?

Old 09-24-2015, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you could have your TT/TTS in any color, what would it be?

I've got a long while to wait for my car, so I figured I'd spice it up with a discussion starter for the group. While I like a few of Audi's core exterior color options, I think it's fair to say that the color choices for the TT/TTS are relatively limited (some would say borderline boring). So, if you could build a TT or TTS with any existing color from any auto manufacturer, what would it be, and what current TT/TTS interior option would you pair it with?

Here are my choices:

1) Porsche's Anthracite Brown Metallic -- https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...brown+metallic -- I couldn't love a color more. It's throwback and modern at the same time, and it varies greatly with changes in the light. A friend of mine has a Cayman in this color with Porsche's Agate Grey and Amber Orange leather interior (http://www.planet-9.com/attachments/...717-713014-jpg) and it is simply stunning. But since I'm sticking with the TT/TTS interior options to keep the question fair and simple, I'd put this color on a TTS and borrow the Palomino Brown seats from the TT.

2) BMW's Blue Water Metallic -- https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...water+metallic -- I had this on a former 3 Series Coupe and it was lovely. Few pictures do it justice. It was also relatively rare so I received lots of compliments, even from other BMW fans/owners some of whom thought it was custom. Once again, I'd put it on a TTS and borrow either the Admiral Blue seats from the TT Roadster or the Palomino Brown seats from the TT.

3) Porsche's Dark Blue Metallic -- https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...+blue+metallic -- It's not miles away from Scuba Blue (which I can't get on a TTS anyhow), but I like it better still. Once again, I'd borrow the Palomino Brown seats from the TT.

Yes, I really wish Audi offered a Tan/Brown interior option on the TTS if that wasn't obvious enough, but for some reason "sport" usually equates to black or red these days (BMW is often no better in this regard).

OK, folks. That's my take. How about yours?
Old 09-24-2015, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure what I'd pick, but just wanted to mention that you can order Audi exclusive and get any color you want, including colors from other manufacturers. The cost for it is $3K I think and adds 2 months or something to the production time.

Same with interior.... you can have anything you want... for a price
Old 09-24-2015, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I love the color I picked for my build week 42 TT- Scuba Blue and think I'll be happy with it for years. For the interior I was going to go for the Murillo brown but found it a bit too light from real world pics so I settled on Palomino.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by visuar
you can have anything you want... for a price
Well, sure, but I'm not a Saudi prince! Seriously, good info -- thanks. Porsche promotes their customization options more readily than Audi, and boy are they pricey! How many takers do you think they get for leather A/C vents in a Cayman/Boxster for $1,200?
Old 09-24-2015, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mplgaus
I love the color I picked for my build week 42 TT- Scuba Blue and think I'll be happy with it for years. For the interior I was going to go for the Murillo brown but found it a bit too light from real world pics so I settled on Palomino.
Awesome! That will be a VERY beautiful car, and quite rare I'd think. If I could have done the same on the TTS, I certainly would have -- that was the exact combo I first configured online when I started looking at the MK3. No offense to any Sepang Blue owners, but it's a bit bright for my tastes and that's unfortunately the only blue they offer on the TTS. I liked Denim Blue back in the day, but Scuba is even nicer IMO.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SimianSpeedster
Well, sure, but I'm not a Saudi prince! Seriously, good info -- thanks. Porsche promotes their customization options more readily than Audi, and boy are they pricey! How many takers do you think they get for leather A/C vents in a Cayman/Boxster for $1,200?
Fair enough Here's the site: Audi exclusive | Audi USA

A good dealer will have more info on it, and you can see the custom color price and custom interior price in the Audi order guide.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome! That will be a VERY beautiful car, and quite rare I'd think. If I could have done the same on the TTS, I certainly would have -- that was the exact combo I first configured online when I started looking at the MK3. No offense to any Sepang Blue owners, but it's a bit bright for my tastes and that's unfortunately the only blue they offer on the TTS. I liked Denim Blue back in the day, but Scuba is even nicer IMO.
See, I'm sort of the opposite. I think Scuba would be too dark for me, especially with the sharper lines of the Mk3 (see my other posts on that). The Sepang looked fantastic when I saw it in Ingolstadt.

But of course everyone's taste is different.... I wish you could just order all the standard colors. They have those colors all hooked up in the factory anyway. Just a different code. Sigh.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I have second guessed myself many times on the brightness of Sepang blue, so quite understand. I've seen so many real life S3's and TTS videos that I'm well used to it at this point and rather like it. Plus in New England we're more often in shade than you in SoCal.

Porsche Platinum Silver or BMW Midnight Blue would be my wish list.

I would have liked Palamino interior but not available (stock) in the TTS. Porsche terracotta would be nice as well.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
I would have liked Palamino interior but not available (stock) in the TTS. Porsche terracotta would be nice as well.
So I thought the Murillo was darker than Palamino? I have the latter in mine and it doesn't feel that dark to me....
Old 09-24-2015, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by visuar
Fair enough Here's the site: Audi exclusive | Audi USA

A good dealer will have more info on it, and you can see the custom color price and custom interior price in the Audi order guide.
Unless the site is out of date, it looks like only the exterior color can be customized on the TT/TTS. No matter -- I don't really want to know how much they'd charge for a custom interior!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If you could have your TT/TTS in any color, what would it be?