TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

I'm on a boat!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm on a boat!

Oh yeah baby.... posted 7/21.

Next questions....

...how long will take to get to houston?

...how long will it be at port?

Anyone know?
Old 07-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dsleedesign
Oh yeah baby.... posted 7/21.

I'm On A Boat (ft. T-Pain) - Album Version - YouTube

Next questions....

...how long will take to get to houston?

...how long will it be at port?

Anyone know?
D, according to the schedule chart provided by Visuar, your boat is due in Houston on August 12, not sure how long from there, but I'm jealous!!
Great news though!
Old 07-24-2015, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great news D!

I stopped by the dealer today and they accidentally pulled up another order that looked like it was on the boat to the west coast. Couldn't quickly see what color or model it was.

In other good news my car's been built as well, I got a VIN and it's on its way from the factory to Ingolstadt
Old 07-24-2015, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Surfinjoe
D, according to the schedule chart provided by Visuar, your boat is due in Houston on August 12
Or possibly 8 August, since it may have been assigned to the Hoegh Bangkok, which left Emden on 21 July at 23:31 UTC (matching the date D was given). The Bishu Highway (the one arriving at Houston on 12 August) didn't depart Emden until 25 July at 01:32 UTC.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

N828CL is right August 8th it should be in Houston.

I came up with that date as well.

so now the big question....how long does it take to prep a car in Houston. It sounds like the only thing we get in prep is floormats.

way back when I predeicted 8/14 ...... i could be damn close!
Old 07-25-2015, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dsleedesign
so now the big question....how long does it take to prep a car in Houston. It sounds like the only thing we get in prep is floormats.
For new cars, it's usually a few days to a week, although it may be on the high end of that for a model that hasn't been seen before. Part of the time is going through customs, part is installing US-specific equipment, such as the nav database and SIM card (and floormats), as well as a condition inspection and any necessary repairs (unusual).
Old 07-28-2015, 05:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Keeping my fingers crossed, mine's supposed to climb on to the boat tomorrow.....we'll see.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

very cool. im a bit jealous. i placed my order a while back. my dealer said he said me up for emails on progress but i havent gotten any yet.

this past weekend i was in houston briefly and happened to pass right by the new (very impressive) audi dealership (momentum audi). i was thinking a very large city with a fancy new facility might have a TT on hand. nope.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mlj1975lsu
this past weekend i was in houston briefly and happened to pass right by the new (very impressive) audi dealership (momentum audi). i was thinking a very large city with a fancy new facility might have a TT on hand. nope.
As far as I know none have made it to dealers anywhere yet. I know some are (were?) sitting at US docks waiting for updates, but not sure how many of those were bound for dealers or for Audi US / demo use.

I would not expect to see any on the road or at dealers until middle of August earliest, and given how very very few make it to the US at all it'll take some luck to find one at a dealer I'm betting.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, no word from Dealer, and the boat (Cepheus Leader) that was suggested is still in port in Germany.....

Quick Reply: I'm on a boat!