TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

It's Week 41

Old 10-05-2015, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts
Default It's Week 41

Finally. Perhaps my TTS is being built right now.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Might not be relevant, but mine was built a week earlier than scheduled, so keep pinging your dealer for updates.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Will do. Thanks!

Originally Posted by n828cl
Might not be relevant, but mine was built a week earlier than scheduled, so keep pinging your dealer for updates.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Let's hope you're ahead of schedule. My original order said Week 43, but I received an interesting e-mail from Audi last week titled "Your TTS is scheduled to be built." Here's the relevant text:

"Today much more than anticipation is being built. Your Audi TTS has gone into production. You’ve reached an important milestone, and delivery of your TTS is getting closer. I’ll contact you again when your vehicle is in transit to the European port of Emden. From there, your TTS will start its journey to the United States."

From what you folks know, does that really mean my car is in production or just that it's in the build system? The title and text are somewhat contradictory. I asked my dealer but haven't heard back yet, so I'll ping him again.

Thoughts?
Old 10-05-2015, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A5 build/ship info

Originally Posted by SimianSpeedster
Let's hope you're ahead of schedule. My original order said Week 43, but I received an interesting e-mail from Audi last week titled "Your TTS is scheduled to be built." Here's the relevant text:

"Today much more than anticipation is being built. Your Audi TTS has gone into production. You’ve reached an important milestone, and delivery of your TTS is getting closer. I’ll contact you again when your vehicle is in transit to the European port of Emden. From there, your TTS will start its journey to the United States."

From what you folks know, does that really mean my car is in production or just that it's in the build system? The title and text are somewhat contradictory. I asked my dealer but haven't heard back yet, so I'll ping him again.

Thoughts?
For what its worth, my significant other ordered a 2016 A5. She received an email dated 9/25 that it had gone into production, and an email 10/4 that it was built and en route to Emdem for shipping. If her info is accurate and if A5 and TTS production schedules are similar, you should receive an email in the not too distant future regarding shipment.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My dealer has actually been fairly communicative (hence my prior week 41 insight) but obviously didn't put me on a list to get direct build-related emails from Audi. There really is a wide disparity in the dealership communication practices.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NOLAessate
For what its worth, my significant other ordered a 2016 A5. She received an email dated 9/25 that it had gone into production, and an email 10/4 that it was built and en route to Emdem for shipping. If her info is accurate and if A5 and TTS production schedules are similar, you should receive an email in the not too distant future regarding shipment.
Interesting, thanks. I hope the same holds true for me (and that Huey's car is already built), but I'll try to stay on an even keel since Week 43 is my official build week.

Last edited by SimianSpeedster; 10-05-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

My dealer has actually been fairly communicative (hence my prior week 41 insight) but obviously didn't put me on a list to get direct build-related emails from Audi. There really is a wide disparity in the dealership communication practices.
The email was a surprise to me. I say ask your dealer to set you up!

One thing I particularly like about BMW's ordering process is that customers can call into an automated system and get status updates directly. I haven't done any research to see if Audi offers something similar, but BMW's approach is helpful (and it probably saves the dealers a lot of calls).
Old 10-05-2015, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds like week 41 is first non launch edition TTS (USA) build?
Old 10-05-2015, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ocean1
Sounds like week 41 is first non launch edition TTS (USA) build?
My ordered Vegas Yellow TTS completed build on 4 September (week 36), but it's also Euro Delivery.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It's Week 41