TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Launch Edition Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Well done Dave and Geoffrey. A bird in the hand .... Actually, I am waiting for Sepang. It's been close to a four month wait already [at least upcoming week 41].
Sepang was definitely clear choice. If I had ordered, it is likely how I would have spec'd, but the Black/Red does look good!
Old 10-01-2015, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SD_Geoffrey
Congrats man!
I just traded in my S5 for a TTS launch edition too!
I went to the dealership (Escondido) just to test drive it but man, I fell in love.
Was gonna wait for a Sepang but black on red looks badass.
And yes, I live in SD too!! hah!
So since you are experiencing the same change - what do you think of the differences?

The only odd thing for me is that harsh bumps cause a "knock" in the rear suspension - almost sounds like it hit a bump stop. I don't feel anything bad though. Odd because of the adjustable suspension. Do you notice the same? I think it may be because I am used to more sound deadening in the S5 (real trunk and rear seat). Engine seems a hair slower off the line, but much more lively as soon as its going.

Love the car so far - although virtual cockpit has the opportunity to kill while I learn to use it!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Dave - I seem to remember someone else either here or on the UK TTForum talking about a knock like that, but I couldn't find anything when I just searched.

I would suggest playing with the VC while not driving at the same time

Once you have broken in the engine you can try launch control!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SD_Dave
So since you are experiencing the same change - what do you think of the differences?

The only odd thing for me is that harsh bumps cause a "knock" in the rear suspension - almost sounds like it hit a bump stop. I don't feel anything bad though. Odd because of the adjustable suspension. Do you notice the same? I think it may be because I am used to more sound deadening in the S5 (real trunk and rear seat). Engine seems a hair slower off the line, but much more lively as soon as its going.

Love the car so far - although virtual cockpit has the opportunity to kill while I learn to use it!
I hear that knock sound too.
But apparently other people experience it too based on some other forum so I assumed it's all normal.

When i turn the engine off though after my commute, i hear a humming sound coming from the cockpit display. In the morning before starting the car, the sound is not there.
Do you experience this too?

I also feel like it doesnt push me back in my seat as much as the S5 did.
And I feel a little bit of lag (i guess thats normal coming from a supercharged car).

But youre right, once it's going, it's a lot of fun.
It's agile, so easy to maneuver around, very sporty.

I really like it so far. I cant sleep properly at night, anxiously waiting for the morning to come so I can drive it again hah!
Old 10-01-2015, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by visuar
I feel a San Diego meet coming up in the near future
This^^
Old 10-01-2015, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SD_Dave
Sepang was definitely clear choice. If I had ordered, it is likely how I would have spec'd, but the Black/Red does look good!
I'm scared that when I see a sepang in person, I would regret my decision of getting the black hah.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SD_Geoffrey
When i turn the engine off though after my commute, i hear a humming sound coming from the cockpit display. In the morning before starting the car, the sound is not there.
Do you experience this too?
I have this too on my TT Roadster. It felt to me like cooling in the VC (or perhaps in the MMI controller in the dash). It's probably just making sure all the fancy electronics are cooled down enough.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have this too on my TT Roadster. It felt to me like cooling in the VC (or perhaps in the MMI controller in the dash). It's probably just making sure all the fancy electronics are cooled down enough.
Obviously I haven't heard the noise yet, but I'd bet it's the VC's cooling fan that people are hearing (https://www.audiworld.com/wp-content...Audi-TT-13.jpg). I imagine it's not audible over the sound of the engine, climate control, road noise, etc. but it would most likely be audible after everything has been shut down in an otherwise quiet cabin. Kind of like the fuel pumps on many cars that spin up pre-start -- audible at rest.

But more importantly than any of that: How is it possible that 2 people have taken delivery of their launch edition cars and STILL NO PICS? Come on San Diego contingent -- get in the game and throw the rest of us a bone with some glamour shots! How are we supposed to be properly jealous without visuals?
Old 10-01-2015, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Dave - I seem to remember someone else either here or on the UK TTForum talking about a knock like that, but I couldn't find anything when I just searched.

I would suggest playing with the VC while not driving at the same time

Once you have broken in the engine you can try launch control!
This sort of noise is fairly common and usually found to be the hatch lid 'bouncing' against its catch as the rubber bumpers for the hatch are not adjusted correctly.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Launch Edition Pics!

Quick Reply: Launch Edition Delivery