TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Leasing the 2017 TTS and mythos black

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leasing the 2017 TTS and mythos black

So, it comes down to leasing for me as in the long run I would save $6000 and I have the flexibility to payout the vehicle at a non-luxury interest rate.

My color of choice is Mythos Black. Any suggestions or recommendations on Mythos Black? How does it compare to Brilliant black (non-metallic)? Also, how do you take care of black color in general?
Old 07-15-2016, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I love black cars when they are new and clean. But every time I got a black car I swore I would never do it again. My last car was black and I exclusively took it to a touchless wash where they hand dried. A couple years in and there were surface swirls everywhere - likely from the drying cloths. It seems unavoidable. However, what I didn't do that I probably should have, was wax the car on a regular basis. I did a full clay bar treatment once and the finish was spectacular! (and wax after) If I ever get black again, that's what I would do differently.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

wow, guess I need to add......I will also never buy a black car again.....love them when clean, in agreement there.....but they show every piece of dirt and it would drive me nuts.

But, as long as you don't mind washing a lot, black looks totally cool. I would hand wash for sure.

Regarding leasing,....by the way, you can pay the entire lease amount up front and they will give you a lower interest rate.....it saved me a few $1000, can't remember how much but it was substantial.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thank you

Thanks for your suggestion. I went with Sepang Blue, 20" rims... I am trying to find good deals for 19" rims and winter tires...
Old 07-15-2016, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by topgun77
Thanks for your suggestion. I went with Sepang Blue, 20" rims... I am trying to find good deals for 19" rims and winter tires...
excellent!
Old 07-15-2016, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

by the way, you might want to go to 18" rims for your winter tires as others have mentioned....
Old 07-15-2016, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by topgun77
Awesome...congratulations!!!

I called my usual wheel and tire shop yesterday and he suggested that I call back in mid August and in the meantime he's going to explore options. He said that's the timeline when manufacturers send their new model info, etc. (I'm in Ontario Canada so not sure where you live/if it's similar)

Cheers,
Old 07-15-2016, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Fun101
Awesome...congratulations!!!

I called my usual wheel and tire shop yesterday and he suggested that I call back in mid August and in the meantime he's going to explore options. He said that's the timeline when manufacturers send their new model info, etc. (I'm in Ontario Canada so not sure where you live/if it's similar)

Cheers,
Thanks.... I live in Vancouver, B.C. I am leasing the Sepang blue TTS with the bells and whistles (except the audi lane assists and the red caliper brakes). I am looking forward to experience this vehicle.... They said it all comes down from the port at Halifax...The ETA is Aug 2016.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
by the way, you might want to go to 18" rims for your winter tires as others have mentioned....
Thanks for your suggestions... I think it was because of the stiffness?? 18" are probably more affordable too. What winter tire brands do you recommend?
Old 07-17-2016, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Extra risks for single payment leases

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
Regarding leasing,....by the way, you can pay the entire lease amount up front and they will give you a lower interest rate.....it saved me a few $1000, can't remember how much but it was substantial.
Check with your auto insurance on this... We've been leasing frequently and it's very convenient if you don't keep high-price cars very long. I've also done the "single payment" or "one pay" lease recently for the same savings reasons.

But I later learned there is extra insurance risk if you total your leased vehicle soon after purchase, when you're very upside-down (i.e., owe more than it's value). You should always add "gap insurance" to your auto policy when leasing to protect against this situation, but gap coverage doesn't normally cover this scenario because you already paid out the $$$.

There are many internet resources for single payment leases. Here are a couple I found that mention the gap insurance/coverage risk:
* Single Payment Car Lease Explained - by LeaseGuide.com
* How a Single-Payment Car Lease Can Save You Money
* https://www.cartelligent.com/blog/wh...ase-make-sense - This one implies there is gap coverage available to protect you against total loss

Quick Reply: Leasing the 2017 TTS and mythos black