TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Liking it more and more.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liking it more and more.

So I ordered my TT Roadster and just waiting.

No idea when the car will be here. I should have the first one in Minnesota and my dealer is telling me that it will be here anytime between last week of July and last week of September. That is a huge window.

Watching millions of videos and pictures of the car and trying to guess what exactly it will look like.

I was really pissed that there was not a S-Line option or a S version of the car, but now after looking at the pictures I am beginning to "sell" myself on the base model. Here are my thoughts.

1. No honeycomb plastics on the rear. This is good. Much easier to cleans and looks more sleek.

2. Gloss Black or Silver grill i think we get dinged up more and will be harder to keep clean. The flat black should be pretty easy.

3. The sides of the car will be straight (not diamond point at the end like S Line and TTs). I also like this looks slick to me.

The car is loaded with everything under the sun (except cooled seats).

Just excited and wanted to generate some more chatter..... there have got to be a ton of you out there waiting just like me.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

see my recent post in the order guide topic.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Convertible in Minnesota? You must really like convertibles : ) I live in Colorado and here they are only usable for half the year. So are you just going to buy it and garage it? Or drive with summer tires and the top up? I know how cold it gets there and wonder how insulating the soft top would be. Let us pray it arrives soon! Congrats!

I got the TTs coupe btw...
Old 06-10-2015, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just did the same thing (but European Delivery for August). What color combo did you go with? I picked the silver with brown leather and every available package.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 100Daily
Convertible in Minnesota? You must really like convertibles : ) I live in Colorado and here they are only usable for half the year. So are you just going to buy it and garage it? Or drive with summer tires and the top up? I know how cold it gets there and wonder how insulating the soft top would be. Let us pray it arrives soon! Congrats!

I got the TTs coupe btw...
It was 92 here yesterday and it is 78 today. I can ride top down about 5 months of the year.

I currently have a Mini Cooper Roadster and love it. This is my upgrade!
Old 07-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm also in MN and this will be my second TT (first was Mk 1) and 4th convertible in about 10 years. It's not top-down weather all year but we have to find a way to enjoy the snowless months. No idea when my TT will arrive as I'm told the order is in the bank and not yet in production... and the anticipation is driving me crazy!
Old 07-09-2015, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Barmats....

Damn you. I wanted to be the only TT Mk3 on the road!

Congrats. Where are you buying yours Minneapolis or St Paul?
Old 07-10-2015, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dsleedesign
Barmats....

You won't be. Picking up my TTS in Ingolstadt in mid-October. Hope to have it back here for Christmas, but that's probably wishful thinking.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsleedesign
Barmats....

Congrats. Where are you buying yours Minneapolis or St Paul?
Well the way we're going it may be quite a while before any of these hit the streets. I went through the Minneapolis dealership (formerly Carousel). I think you said earlier that you were given a timeframe of late July to late September - I can't get my dealer to commit to anything, which I suppose is a safer bet for them. But it is driving me crazy not knowing anything!
Old 07-10-2015, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by n828cl
You won't be. Picking up my TTS in Ingolstadt in mid-October. Hope to have it back here for Christmas, but that's probably wishful thinking.
So you must be getting the winter tires then?

I'm picking mine up end of August there. Do you know where you can drive it? Looks like we'll be taking it down in to Austria, Switzerland, Italia, France and then Spain.

Quick Reply: Liking it more and more.