TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

My 2017 Audi TTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you get the wrap done on the TTS? I'm considering that for when my TT comes in in March.

(I ask because your Audi was in front of the dealer in Wilmington DE, which is not too far away from me.)

Last edited by grey67; 01-02-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow. Nice TTS. I'm sure it works better around the city streets.

Have you told the AZ S5 guys you've unloaded the R8? You're not the first to switch from the S5 to a TTS and the AZ guys were brutal to those before you that made the switch. I can't wait to read their reactions to your switch.

The dealer re-sale price on the R8 is not too bad for a supercar that turns heads. But a new Vette Z06 is the supercar of choice for that coin. Good Luck!

Used 2009 Audi R8 For Sale | Wilmington DE | VIN: WUAAU34299N001642
Old 01-02-2017, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grey67
Where did you get the wrap done on the TTS? I'm considering that for when my TT comes in in March.

(I ask because your Audi was in front of the dealer in Wilmington DE, which is not too far away from me.)
I'm actually from NY and i got mine done at tinting motors in farmingdale ( long island). Which area are you from? Might b able to recommend a place
Old 01-02-2017, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lmariorod
Wow. Nice TTS. I'm sure it works better around the city streets.

Have you told the AZ S5 guys you've unloaded the R8? You're not the first to switch from the S5 to a TTS and the AZ guys were brutal to those before you that made the switch. I can't wait to read their reactions to your switch.

The dealer re-sale price on the R8 is not too bad for a supercar that turns heads. But a new Vette Z06 is the supercar of choice for that coin. Good Luck!

Used 2009 Audi R8 For Sale | Wilmington DE | VIN: WUAAU34299N001642
Haha everyone was actually really supportive. The new mk3 tts is gorgoeus with all the tech it was pretty easy for them to accept it.

New vette is bad *** but its not everyday u see a mid/rear engine mounted super car (;

Not bad at all! Still one of the cheaper r8's on the market with such low miles and super clean. I can vouch for it (;
Old 01-03-2017, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

heres a video of my exhaust with the 2 resonators removed

https://youtu.be/6z-R8vy2KXE
this is a video of the 034 intake w/ ecs turbo muffler delete

https://youtu.be/xgSJuy_O9Ro
now I just gotta figure out how to disable the valves so I can run them open all the time...
Old 01-03-2017, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome, enjoy the new ride. Your early mods are a welcome addition to the forum.

I to made an R8, S5, TTS Journey. TTS gets you 80% of R8 fun factor for 30% of the cost. The S5 (MY13) was a great GT car, just felt big to me after a while. The R8 is a classic and gets all sort of attention. The TTS let's you blast around the local streets without drawing too much attention.

Nice color choice / spec BTW !

Have you scouted out a tasteful rear spoiler we can add ? The RS version may be the way to go.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by doveboat
Welcome, enjoy the new ride. Your early mods are a welcome addition to the forum.

I to made an R8, S5, TTS Journey. TTS gets you 80% of R8 fun factor for 30% of the cost. The S5 (MY13) was a great GT car, just felt big to me after a while. The R8 is a classic and gets all sort of attention. The TTS let's you blast around the local streets without drawing too much attention.

Nice color choice / spec BTW !

Have you scouted out a tasteful rear spoiler we can add ? The RS version may be the way to go.
twins! thats awesome. and you are right about the tts being 80% of the fun factor. i dont miss my r8 at all with this thing

i have not yet as its not a priority. i am looking more into dropping the car as the wheel gap is horrible. i honestly love the adaptive spoiler on the TTS. pretty cool/unique vs a fixed spoiler lol. gotta say though i was pretty disappointed that it only deploys at 70+ and retracts at like 50. was hoping it was like the r8 deploying at 60 and retracting at a stop. guess engine cooling > aero dynamics lol
Old 01-04-2017, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bknewtype
I'm actually from NY and i got mine done at tinting motors in farmingdale ( long island). Which area are you from? Might b able to recommend a place
I'm in the suburbs of Philly. Any recommendations would be appreciated. :-)
Old 01-19-2017, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

some random pics

also my jb1 came

Old 01-19-2017, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Looking good! (Progressing well.)

Quick Reply: My 2017 Audi TTS