TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

My 2017 Audi TTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How hard was the JB1 to install? I can't remember if they have a version for us regular TT folks but I do like that it's effectively plug and play.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grey67
How hard was the JB1 to install? I can't remember if they have a version for us regular TT folks but I do like that it's effectively plug and play.
shouldnt b hard at all. Might do it this weekend. They do have for the tt
Old 01-19-2017, 06:08 PM
isb
AudiWorld Member

Given that I'm sure you researched all of the alternatives, why did you feel that the jb1 solution was best for you?
Old 01-20-2017, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by isb
Given that I'm sure you researched all of the alternatives, why did you feel that the jb1 solution was best for you?
Easy! This is a brand new car and i wasnt willing to lose warranty on a 60k car so early on. Jb1/4 is not a tune. Its a piggy back. It "tricks" the ecu so it gives it more power/boost on its own. Once removed, it goes back go stock. It's undetectable so very very slim chance of getting warranty denied vs having a tune which gives a flash counter. Jb1 /4 makes the same power as a ecu flash and its tons cheaper plus u can do it urself. Its pretty mucb a no brainer for people who want to keep warranty.

I went with jb1 vs 4 because the adfed benefit of 4 is not what i care for ( option to manually adjust the tune, boost levels, etc). I just want to plug in, get my advertised 45-90 hp and go!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bknewtype
Easy! This is a brand new car and i wasnt willing to lose warranty on a 60k car so early on. Jb1/4 is not a tune. Its a piggy back. It "tricks" the ecu so it gives it more power/boost on its own. Once removed, it goes back go stock. It's undetectable so very very slim chance of getting warranty denied vs having a tune which gives a flash counter. Jb1 /4 makes the same power as a ecu flash and its tons cheaper plus u can do it urself. Its pretty mucb a no brainer for people who want to keep warranty.

I went with jb1 vs 4 because the adfed benefit of 4 is not what i care for ( option to manually adjust the tune, boost levels, etc). I just want to plug in, get my advertised 45-90 hp and go!
Anxious to see how you like the JB1 and the seat of the pants feel it provides.

Ed
Old 01-20-2017, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by doveboat
Anxious to see how you like the JB1 and the seat of the pants feel it provides.

Ed
i installed it this morning

install is very diy friendly. But i 100% recommend ramps or a jack for easy access. The last plug requires you to take off the belly pan. No other way around it.

While i only had 3 miles of seat time with it, all i can say is HOLY ****. The surge on 3rd gear pulls is insane. The car is completely improved as long as u drive it aggressively. Driving normal makes no difference in feel. No change in exhaust note but i def hear a lot more turbo spool. Overall, i am super happy with the bang for buck this piggy back provides. Plus the fact that it will not flag u td1.

Will be driving more tomorrow to give more thoughts!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

do you have to remember to remove it before you go in for service?
Old 01-20-2017, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by grey67
do you have to remember to remove it before you go in for service?
i would def remove it for service for the peace of mind. Less risk the better
Old 01-20-2017, 11:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

So what's the specs on this tune as opposed to the APR tune? Would love to know what parameters have been changed and what the claimed output is. Is this only the ECM or also controls the TCM. I'm in agreement with you....the APR tune in the 2 and 3 gear are just insane. Passing power on the road just doubles your speed in the blink of an eye! It's just an absolute hoot now. Would love to get some real performance numbers documented, cause it pulls like a freight train.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by farmerjones
So what's the specs on this tune as opposed to the APR tune? Would love to know what parameters have been changed and what the claimed output is. Is this only the ECM or also controls the TCM. I'm in agreement with you....the APR tune in the 2 and 3 gear are just insane. Passing power on the road just doubles your speed in the blink of an eye! It's just an absolute hoot now. Would love to get some real performance numbers documented, cause it pulls like a freight train.
just to be clear this is not a tune this is a piggy back. So it does not touch the ecu in any way. What it basically does is fool the ecu to tell it to give it more boost/power/spool/etc. i am not too knowledgable when it comes to the actual specs so its best if you head to the site to check it out.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7250023-Burger-Motorsport-JB1-Plug-and-Play-Information-Thread-7R-and-S3-Specific#/topics/7250023?page=1&_k=tbpt3v

they only have a dyno chart on a full bolt on golf r. Mine only has an intake and turbo muffler delete

Quick Reply: My 2017 Audi TTS