TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

My new TT review with added custom Sub enclosure and hardwire Radar

Old 08-25-2015, 08:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new TT review with added custom Sub enclosure and hardwire Radar

Picked up my new TT last week. Right away I had my radar detector hardwired and added a 10 inch JLw1 Sub and 500w single channel amp. Worlds better than stock system already!
Old 08-26-2015, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Great review and technology Steve. Enjoy!!

btw: my allroad (and A5) has a "service" position that raises the wipers so they may then be folded up for washing. It's in the "car" menu. Not sure if the TT has same. Audi of course did this so you don't see the blades when not in use.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Great review and technology Steve. Enjoy!!

btw: my allroad (and A5) has a "service" position that raises the wipers so they may then be folded up for washing. It's in the "car" menu. Not sure if the TT has same. Audi of course did this so you don't see the blades when not in use.
Once you have turned off your car and before you have opened the door, tap down on the windshield wiper stalk and the wipers will go into the service position.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by adg44
Once you have turned off your car and before you have opened the door, tap down on the windshield wiper stalk and the wipers will go into the service position.

Good to know, thanks....
Old 08-29-2015, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by steve1ddd
Good to know, thanks....
Reference page 42 of the Owners Manual.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

owners manual? What's that
Old 09-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cheers for your review Steve, most informative. You mentioned early on in the tape that you were getting your windows tinted. Can you expand on that? Is all glass, barring the windshield, getting tinted? What kind of pricing are you looking at for such a job?

I'm assuming you're taking your vehicle to someone other than audi. I see in Europe they offer the privacy glass but not sure if that's available in north America.

Anything in particular I should be aware of when getting an after market tint job?

If you wouldn't mind, another video showing the new tint, inside & out would be great and very helpful.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mickster
Cheers for your review Steve, most informative. You mentioned early on in the tape that you were getting your windows tinted. Can you expand on that? Is all glass, barring the windshield, getting tinted? What kind of pricing are you looking at for such a job?

I'm assuming you're taking your vehicle to someone other than audi. I see in Europe they offer the privacy glass but not sure if that's available in north America.

Anything in particular I should be aware of when getting an after market tint job?

If you wouldn't mind, another video showing the new tint, inside & out would be great and very helpful.
I will try go get another quick vid of the tint. It was through audi but they have a 3rd party that does it out of their collision center. It was part of the full package that they sell that includes clear bra and tint. and also some paint hardening treatment that I did not buy into. They went with the legal limit here in Colorado which is like 29%. They did it on the sides and rear window. The OEM glass has a very faint natural tint but it is not nearly enough. They lifetime warranty the tint for pealing but not for me scratching it with a seatbelt or something similar. I am happy with the look. It makes the car much cooler after it sits in the sun for sure. From the inside it is darker but not too dark to see out of even at night.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any update on that vid of your tint Steve?