TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Navigation Fails with Address Book Entries

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation Fails with Address Book Entries

I've just purchased a 2016 TTR with the Tech Package. Love it for the most part but the navigation doesn't work at all with existing contacts in my Address Book. I search for a name, it displays it with the address but when I select it to navigate, the window for entering an address from scratch is displayed.

I've contacted Audi support but they were not able to fix it. They're suggesting taking it into the dealer.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have the same problem in my TTS with contacts read from my iPhone 6S. Don't know if it's an MMI or iOS bug, but it's unlikely the dealer can fix it - unless there's an MMI update available.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank for the feedback.

That totally sucks. It should work just look google maps on my iPhone 6 Plus. I'm even using Google Contacts to manage my contacts.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Try adjusting the way your contact address is entered on your phone. If you are syncing with google for your contacts, try entering a new address for a new contact just on your iPhone and see if it then will transfer the address to the nav.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Same problem with a Windows Phone, not sure if it is a formatting issue or just an MMI issue.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by n828cl
I have the same problem in my TTS with contacts read from my iPhone 6S.
Hmm... I just tried it again on the way home from work using a Directory entry and it worked fine. More investigation needed...

- Chuck
Old 01-06-2016, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Edit the address on the phone and make sure the address is properly split into address, city, state and zip. Google Contacts is a particular offender that shoehorns the entire address into the address field and leaves city, state and zip blank if synced to a phone. Or at least it used to do that. I migrated away from Google Contacts a long time ago because of this issue. The MMI will not understand the address if it's not properly split into the discrete fields. Also at least on the older MMIs like mine, if you have an apartment or suite number behind the street it fails to understand the address.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So I tested entering a new address from my phone. No luck.

I've attached photos of the addresses in my phone, in the directory in the car and what happens when I selected it. I even set the State in the Navigation Settings to GA and it still chooses Alaska.

It's got issues!

Old 01-07-2016, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Does it have the same issue if you select the 440 Tattnall address? I'm pretty sure the NE and the apartment number on line 2 is what's causing the issue. As I said earlier, it doesn't understand the address if you have apartment numbers or anything else besides a house number and street name.

Having said that, it still looks like they have some stuff to fix. In my MMI 3G+ if it doesn't understand the address line, it still correctly parses city and state and then I just have to manually override the Street and House number.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Savannah address fails too. It only gets the state correct.

If it's truly using Google this should work just like it does anywhere else with google maps.

How do you submit trouble tickets with Audi so they can fix this garbage?

Quick Reply: Navigation Fails with Address Book Entries