TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

New TT

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TT

Hi Guys,

I want to introduce myself as a pending new TT owner. Placed the order on 9/17 and received dealer confirmation that the order was submitted on 9/23. I got a build date of approximately 12/5. Any idea as to when I can realistically expect to see it arrive in NC? I ordered a Tango Red with Palomino leather, Tech package, B&O sound. Wife, 2 kids and I are all former or current BMW people.... Wife and I for 25 years. She sold her X3 for a Q5 a couple of years ago. We love the Q5 so much, that I finally decided it was time to part with my 3 series convertible. When I saw the new TT at the dealer, and got a chance to test drive it, I was sold. Now the waiting is killing me. I have been lurking about this site for sometime now and it appears to be a great place for all types of Audi info. I look forward to being a regular.

Tom
Old 11-29-2015, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tkhover
I got a build date of approximately 12/5. Any idea as to when I can realistically expect to see it arrive in NC?
VW announced a German factory shutdown for most of December, but there was no indication that applied to Audi production let alone the TT plant in Györ. After build complete (which was a week early on mine), it usually takes a couple of weeks to get on a boat, but that can vary quite a bit. The boat schedule is available here:
The PWL Group
Use the drop boxes under Liner Schedules to select West- and East Coast USA and Volkswagen Ro/Ro.

The current schedule shows boats arriving in Jacksonville on 30 December (probably too soon) plus 7 and 15 January. After that, expect a week or so to clear customs and get trucked to your dealer. You'll need to bug your dealer for exact dates; some are very communicative, others less so.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

it was roughly 6 weeks from build date to delivery for me.....lovin' it!
Old 12-03-2015, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just received an update from my dealer. My TT was built on Dec.1 and is now in transit. He said it could be here in about 3 weeks. Thanks to N28cl for providing the ship schedules. According to that, depending on which ship it ends up on, it should make port end of Dec. or beginning of Jan. Getting anxious now. I'll keep you all informed. Have a great holiday.

Tom
Old 12-03-2015, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tkhover
Just received an update from my dealer. My TT was built on Dec.1 and is now in transit. He said it could be here in about 3 weeks. Thanks to N28cl for providing the ship schedules. According to that, depending on which ship it ends up on, it should make port end of Dec. or beginning of Jan. Getting anxious now. I'll keep you all informed. Have a great holiday.

Tom
good luck with that 3 week delivery....everything I've heard so far is that it takes longer than you think. It was 6 weeks from heading to German port to delivery for me....but well worth the wait....you will start the fun in January!
Old 12-04-2015, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Ask the salesperson to have a "sold" put on the car as this will help speed the transit from receiving port to dealership. Mine did not and took an extra week.

My ship was also delayed a week in Emden for no cited reason.

So, likely best case transit for i3adSaab and worst case for me, but regardless in the end you get a sweet ride.