TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Newbie looking to purchase a TTS with questions - oh joy!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 12:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SD Dave -
Many thanks for your detailed answers! I know I just have to experience some of these items myself; and I will as soon as there is a car in Dallas for me to test drive.

I am curious though about your response to number 4...can you provide additional explanation RE. the "old school" Windows Phone integration?
Old 11-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

SD Dave -
I thought of something else; I was thinking about your response RE. turbo lag on the TTS compared with your S5. Edmunds has this to say about the 2013 S5 performance: "In Edmunds performance testing, an Audi S5 convertible accelerated from a standstill to 60 mph in 5.3 seconds. Audi estimates the coupe with a manual transmission will reach 60 mph in 4.9 seconds, which is about average for cars in this class." The TTS is supposed to hit 60 in 4.6 seconds. Does the TTS feel this fast when pushed?
Old 11-30-2015, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bolter
SD Dave -
Many thanks for your detailed answers! I know I just have to experience some of these items myself; and I will as soon as there is a car in Dallas for me to test drive.

I am curious though about your response to number 4...can you provide additional explanation RE. the "old school" Windows Phone integration?

All I meant to say is that selecting songs and navigation is as good as any factory system I have personally used. Uses Album Art and displays artist/album/time neatly. More a comparison to the new trend of "mirror my phone". As a Windows Phone user, that will never be an option for me, so I am glad for Audi's setup.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bolter
SD Dave -
I thought of something else; I was thinking about your response RE. turbo lag on the TTS compared with your S5. Edmunds has this to say about the 2013 S5 performance: "In Edmunds performance testing, an Audi S5 convertible accelerated from a standstill to 60 mph in 5.3 seconds. Audi estimates the coupe with a manual transmission will reach 60 mph in 4.9 seconds, which is about average for cars in this class." The TTS is supposed to hit 60 in 4.6 seconds. Does the TTS feel this fast when pushed?

In daily driving, S5 feels faster. When pushing, TTS feels faster.

2015 S5 on Audi's website is listed at 4.9 sec and TTS at 4.6 as you say. In driving, the S5 honestly felt more immediate, which gave the impression of quickness, especially with Drive Select in Auto. The TTS is a little slower initially, but is much more alive >25mph. Switching the S5 into Dynamic was not a large difference, but the TTS in Dynamic feels like a different car, much more willing.

The real difference is the handling between the two cars, with the S5 clearly a GT and the TTS much more responsive.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks Dave; that helps!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have not had any false reports from my TPMS yet, either with the 19" Potenzas or the 17" Michelin X-Ice 3 winters. I did, however got an actual low pressure report when I picked up a screw in a rear tire within a month of driving the car. Pressure was 28 psi when it alarmed.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I often use Voice Command to change radio stations, "Channel Alt Nation" , "Frequency 90.5" or "Radio Presets... Line 4"
Old 12-01-2015, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Speaking of tire pressures, I was surprised to see 38 front/32 rear on the door frame placard. Presumably engine weight front compensation. Of course the dealership had just inflated to 32 psi all 'round. Note to self - don't forget to reset the MMI limit when filling tires.

I never had a malfunction issue with my A5 or allroad and their similar ABS-computed tire pressure monitoring systems. Similarly the system did assist me with a construction screw-induced low pressure warning on my A5 however (a day after new tires!).

Dave - excellent comparative insight, as always!
Old 12-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cr8nA4
I have not had any false reports from my TPMS yet, either with the 19" Potenzas or the 17" Michelin X-Ice 3 winters. I did, however got an actual low pressure report when I picked up a screw in a rear tire within a month of driving the car. Pressure was 28 psi when it alarmed.

Did the alarm tell you the tire pressure or did you notice when you checked the tire pressure yourself with a gauge?

BTW, can anyone recommend a tire pressure pump with a built in gauge that shuts off when the tire reaches the pressure you set? One that is accurate otherwise I will keep doing it the old fashioned way (manually check with gauge while filling the tire).
Old 12-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
Speaking of tire pressures, I was surprised to see 38 front/32 rear on the door frame placard. Presumably engine weight front compensation. Of course the dealership had just inflated to 32 psi all 'round. Note to self - don't forget to reset the MMI limit when filling tires.

What are you resetting on the MMI?

Quick Reply: Newbie looking to purchase a TTS with questions - oh joy!