TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Ordered TTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 12:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered TTS

I just ordered a '17 TTS yesterday and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for mud flaps (conservative, not like crazy STI/ EVO mudflaps) and window deflectors (so you can have your window cracked in the rain). I looked for deflectors but i'm leery about buying "universal" ones.

Sepang blue
Black Leather
Tech package
B&O
Black package

EDIT: I would also love any recommendations for a new cat back/ intake system. I have had minimal success searching google.

Last edited by OhBoyKittens; 06-17-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can't help you with your questions, but just noticed some 2017 models (including one with the Black Optic package) showing as "in transit" at a local dealer -- which I'm sure somewhat stretches the truth.

What did your dealer project as a delivery date?
Old 06-17-2016, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

He said it should be here within 4 months. It usually takes 3 months but apparently they go on holiday and shut down the plant for a few weeks. I'm supposed to get an email today once they place the order and that will tell me what week the car will be made. Then, depending on where you live, it's a set amount of time for delivery.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I am interested in mud flaps, too. I would order them through Audi.
Though, the larger wheels may prevent the usage of the front mudflaps, as was the case in my MK2 TTS.

I wouldn't bother with the rain deflector. I never had any problem with rain entering the cabin while driving with the window cracked. Though if you are parked/standing still, it could be a problem. I usually keep everything buttoned up during the rain with the AC on to control humidity.

I love the Sepang Blue, but loathe the B&O stereo.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!!! The blue is so stunning in person. I look forward to seeing your car with Black Package. What wheels did you get (19's/20's?)
Old 06-21-2016, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

This has become the Sepang Blue thread. Congrats as well!
I have 19" rims and prefer them to the 20" in looks and handling but to each their own.
And I find the B&O to be quite good, but am certainly no audiophile.
I too would skip the window deflectors and mud flaps. Too nice a design to clutter with same. Just use the a/c ... and a Jeep for offroad.
The wait is the hardest part, but well worth it. Enjoy!!

Last edited by Huey52; 06-21-2016 at 04:24 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Sepang

Hi Sepang owners,
I'm deciding between Florett silver and Sepang blue for a TTS order. I live in Seattle where we have a bit of rain... so was wondering how Sepang holds up in terms of cleanliness? Does it really need washed all the time? I know the silver would hide the dust and road dirt well, but blue!?
thanks,
Ryan
Old 06-22-2016, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ryseattle
Hi Sepang owners,
I'm deciding between Florett silver and Sepang blue for a TTS order. I live in Seattle where we have a bit of rain... so was wondering how Sepang holds up in terms of cleanliness? Does it really need washed all the time? I know the silver would hide the dust and road dirt well, but blue!?
thanks,
Ryan
It's good from far but far from good! You be the judge. These shots are taken at the same time. One from far and I think it looks pretty good. But in the close up you will see it's really dusty right now! The Sepang is a spectacular colour. (imho) However, the blue does get pooped on pretty regularly. Therefore I keep bird poop wipes in the glove box
Attached Thumbnails Ordered TTS-wp_20160622_19_53_55_pro.jpg   Ordered TTS-wp_20160622_19_55_01_pro.jpg  
Old 06-23-2016, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fun101
.....Therefore I keep bird poop wipes in the glove box
Fun101, I like that. I googled and found two products: Autoglym wipes (marketed for cars) from the UK and Poop-off Anywhere wipes readily available in the U.S. but not specifically for cars. Do you use either of those or something else?
Old 06-23-2016, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bill tyler
Fun101, I like that. I googled and found two products: Autoglym wipes (marketed for cars) from the UK and Poop-off Anywhere wipes readily available in the U.S. but not specifically for cars. Do you use either of those or something else?
Yes, the Autoglym. I'm in the Toronto area and they are available at Canadian Tire so I wouldn't be surprised if you can find them in the states. They're very effective and the wipe is pretty big so I sometimes use the same one twice and just fold it back into the package.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Ordered TTS