TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

so.. do you like your TT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 06:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so.. do you like your TT?

despite being the first order in my state, im somehow left waiting until November to get mine.

as more of you get your cars in, im curious how you are enjoying them?

do they drive smooth? fun? regrets? etc??
Old 09-01-2015, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I really preferred the 3.2 six cylinder engine in my 2008 Mk2 over the 2.0 four cylinder turbo in my Mk3. It was better sound, had no lag, and has smooth power profile.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mlj1975lsu
despite being the first order in my state, im somehow left waiting until November to get mine.

as more of you get your cars in, im curious how you are enjoying them?

do they drive smooth? fun? regrets? etc??
M,
I've got the Roadster, absolutely love it. I can imagine the folks waiting on the TTS are gonna get wowed. I'm a week and a half in and still learning her capabilities and the tech. The craftsmanship of the cabin is outstanding and the lack of clutter is refreshing. Sport seats hit the spot. The wait will be worth it!
Old 09-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Really enjoying mine. Coming from a Porsche Boxster, its a bit different but still very fun. upgrading with a 10in sub didn't hurt the fun-factor either
Old 09-01-2015, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfinjoe
M,
I've got the Roadster, absolutely love it. I can imagine the folks waiting on the TTS are gonna get wowed. I'm a week and a half in and still learning her capabilities and the tech. The craftsmanship of the cabin is outstanding and the lack of clutter is refreshing. Sport seats hit the spot. The wait will be worth it!
Glad you are enjoying that lovely Red Roadster 😎
Old 09-02-2015, 01:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cr8nA4
I really preferred the 3.2 six cylinder engine in my 2008 Mk2 over the 2.0 four cylinder turbo in my Mk3. It was better sound, had no lag, and has smooth power profile.
I feel almost the opposite. The 2.0 has been pretty smooth for me and I don't really feel there's much lag (especially if you prep the gear you want to be in).

That said, my Mk2 3.2 was a manual (not sure if there was a DSG option?). Yesterday I tried the dynamic mode for the first time while driving thru Austria and that was nowhere near as smooth as the comfort I had been using.

It felt plenty fast and smooth on the Autobahn (pushed it to 125 mph) and very smooth (again in comfort drive mode). I was actually really surprised how fast the base model felt. I've not gone max RPM yet as I'm still breaking everything in.

Overall it's a fantastic car and I'm having a ton of fun driving it.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Wonderful time of year to be in Germany and Austria. Enjoy!!

Originally Posted by visuar
I feel almost the opposite. The 2.0 has been pretty smooth for me and I don't really feel there's much lag (especially if you prep the gear you want to be in).

That said, my Mk2 3.2 was a manual (not sure if there was a DSG option?). Yesterday I tried the dynamic mode for the first time while driving thru Austria and that was nowhere near as smooth as the comfort I had been using.

It felt plenty fast and smooth on the Autobahn (pushed it to 125 mph) and very smooth (again in comfort drive mode). I was actually really surprised how fast the base model felt. I've not gone max RPM yet as I'm still breaking everything in.

Overall it's a fantastic car and I'm having a ton of fun driving it.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by visuar
I feel

I was actually really surprised how fast the base model felt. I've not gone max RPM yet as I'm still breaking everything in.
My Mk2 was also a DSG so I am comparing apples with apple's. Today I will reach 1600 km on the Mk3 so it is officially "broken-in" and time to try launch control. Launch control on the 3.2 DSG Quattro was scary-fun so I am looking forward to trying it. I have been using dynamic mode a lot.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I think you'll find it even more fun with the much lighter and higher torque at low rpm's 2.0T. Just pre-spool the turbo a bit so no lag.

Originally Posted by cr8nA4
My Mk2 was also a DSG so I am comparing apples with apple's. Today I will reach 1600 km on the Mk3 so it is officially "broken-in" and time to try launch control. Launch control on the 3.2 DSG Quattro was scary-fun so I am looking forward to trying it. I have been using dynamic mode a lot.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
Wonderful time of year to be in Germany and Austria. Enjoy!!
Thanks! Unfortunately we had some bad luck and had a massive amount of rain during Austria & Northern Italy when I was supposed to be enjoying fun mountain driving....

Still had a pretty great time with it tho. Just dropped the car off today to be shipped to the US

Quick Reply: so.. do you like your TT?