TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Sport seat plastic bit

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Sport seat plastic bit

I just noticed today that the side plastic bit that sticks onto the front leather and the back plastic panel has popped out, or doesn't seat very well. I looked at the passenger seat and it was the same way. The inner edges of both seats are fine.

What's it like on your car ?
logan

Last edited by 21tesla; 07-28-2016 at 04:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
skyhawk8363x (02-14-2020)
Old 07-28-2016, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 21tesla
I just noticed today that the side plastic bit that sticks onto the front leather and the back plastic panel has popped out, or doesn't seat very well. I looked at the passenger seat and it was the same way. The inner edges of both seats are fine.
The exact same thing has happened to my TTS. Not sure when the retaining pins on the inside of the trim strips broke (now have 12.5k miles logged), since you have to look fairly closely to see the problem. The dealer ordered parts, which took over two weeks to show up; haven't installed them yet, since I'm currently 1,000 miles from home. Will see how the new bits fit next week.

- Chuck
Old 07-28-2016, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the information and I'm sorry it happened to your car, too. I booked an appt for next week and I'll see what they say. The car is only 9 days old so it might have always been that way and I just noticed it.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=21tesla;24839734]I just noticed today that the side plastic bit that sticks onto the front leather and the back plastic panel has popped out, or doesn't seat very well. I looked at the passenger seat and it was the same way. The inner edges of both seats are fine.

Mine is the same way as well. Taking in for first service next week. Keep us all posted, as sometimes the dealer knows less that we do on this forum.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

They ordered two trim piece parts for me today. It'll take a few weeks.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by n828cl
Will see how the new bits fit next week.
Had the outer seat trim parts replaced today. Don't really know how much time they spent on it (first one they'd seen), since I left the car at the dealer for the afternoon and they also updated the DSG software. Let's see how long this set lasts...

- Chuck
Old 08-02-2016, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nice, Chuck. I hope they did a good job fixing it. My trim pieces are on back order, maybe two weeks.

On day three of ownership (day 3!!), I needed three pieces of baseboard to finish a room at home and loaded it in my new car. Despite putting a blanket in, and trying to be extra careful, I scratched/scuffed the side back plastic of the passenger seat. I'm sure I'm the only one who would notice it and it's not huge, maybe 1/2" scratch and 1" line of grey scuff that might rub out. While I was at the dealer, I enquired how much it would be for a replacement black plastic back for the seat that perhaps could be done at the same time as the trim. It was $409 plus tax plus installation so it looks like I'm going to have to love that bit of character. On the bright side, my renovation days are nearly over and I can concentrate on enjoying the TT.

Logan
Old 08-02-2016, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

BTW chuck, I grew up in Thunder Bay which made Duluth MN the closest drivable city. Do you have a block heater in your TT ?

logan
Old 08-02-2016, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 21tesla
BTW chuck, I grew up in Thunder Bay which made Duluth MN the closest drivable city. Do you have a block heater in your TT ?
I'm in Minneapolis, so it's slightly warmer than Thunder Bay in the winter, but I've never had a block heater in any of our cars here (Rx-7, Civic, Merkur, Audi 90q, Prelude, New Beetle, Mk1 TT, A3, Mazda 3, TTS). Even in the '80s when the temps were noticeably colder, I never felt like I needed one. Lots of cars in the parking lot at work did have 110v plugs hanging out of the grills back then, though - not many these days.

- Chuck
Old 08-04-2016, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

It looks like it is a common issue, the same thing happened with our base TT. on both sides. In my opinion, it is a design flaw, not a QA. We should get the TT back tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Sport seat plastic bit