TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Sport seat plastic bit

Old 10-03-2016, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Earlier, the passenger seat bit that was replaced snapped after four days with no passenger every being in the seat.

Today, while the car was in the shop, the replacement-replacement snapped. The dealer didn't have a spare obviously because they on back order from Germany.

The service manager apologized a lot and said he was really frustrated because I'm not the only one. New parts will arrive in a few weeks. He offered me valet service - dropping off a loaner car at my place and picking up my car to be fixed - so that was a nice gesture.

It sounds like the seat problem will always be a problem until Audi corporate devises a new solution. My condolences to all 2016 TT/TTS owners who have this issue. Not sure if it's happening to the 2017's.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 21tesla
Earlier, the passenger seat bit that was replaced snapped after four days with no passenger every being in the seat.

Today, while the car was in the shop, the replacement-replacement snapped. The dealer didn't have a spare obviously because they on back order from Germany.

The service manager apologized a lot and said he was really frustrated because I'm not the only one. New parts will arrive in a few weeks. He offered me valet service - dropping off a loaner car at my place and picking up my car to be fixed - so that was a nice gesture.

It sounds like the seat problem will always be a problem until Audi corporate devises a new solution. My condolences to all 2016 TT/TTS owners who have this issue. Not sure if it's happening to the 2017's.
It's also happening to the 2017 TTS. I confirmed it this past weekend, when I went to look at a 2017 TTS. The passenger side was completely tore off.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

They had fixed both sides on my 2016 TT, which then looked great, but now the passenger side is doing it again, I brought it back to the dealership. Looks to me a design issue, major issue. + brought it for some noise in the back.
Joke I thought off whilst driving: Why does Audi have one of the best sound system? To hide/camouflage all the squeak/rattles . snare-snare-crash...
Old 10-06-2016, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by x130844
They had fixed both sides on my 2016 TT, which then looked great, but now the passenger side is doing it again, I brought it back to the dealership. Looks to me a design issue, major issue. + brought it for some noise in the back.
Joke I thought off whilst driving: Why does Audi have one of the best sound system? To hide/camouflage all the squeak/rattles . snare-snare-crash...
Not sure if your noise in the back is the same as mine:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-...orner-2906369/

But it drives me crazy.
I think I found the problem. The plastic trim around the truck door can rock back and forth and makes a squeeking sound.
I put a piece of cardboard in the side to wedge it tight and it drastically reduced the noise. I took it out a few days later and I haven't heard the noise since. So whatever was squeeking seems to have stopped.... for now.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We also have had this issue on our 2016 TT.
The first time we had it into the dealership (with only 3k miles) they replaced the plastic trim on the passenger seat only.
They had the car for 2 weeks and they gave us a loaner A3.
After another 2k miles both seats were showing the separation of the plastic trim around the headrest area; so we took it back in and they gave us a loaner A4...but after 2.5 weeks, when I called in to check on the status, they informed me that the parts were on backorder from Germany....and offered to upgrade us to an A6 loaner....which we've had now for 2 weeks.
They've had the car now for 35 days and don't anticipate being able to get the parts even ordered until November 1st.
While I am happy that the dealership is taking care of the issue and is keeping us in a nice loaner while we wait, it is disappointing that we have been without our new car for 50 days in the first 10 months of ownership....for what is essentially a cosmetic issue.

Note: the dealership would not release the car back to us because they believe this flaw could interfere with the proper functioning of the side airbags, and therefore consider it a potential issue with the safety equipment.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

OMG GeoGeek, that's brutal...

The technician at my dealership must be getting good at doing seat clip repairs because my car was picked up at 11 and returned at 3:30. I only had a chance to take the loaner A4 for a quick trip down the street (in dynamic sport mode).

Occasionally, I hear a buzzy-rattle sound from the top left, sort of above the air vent. I mentioned it to the dealer but it wasn't mentioned in the service report. One problem at a time, I guess. Like the previous post said, just turn up the B&O stereo...

On the bright side, my drivers side seat clip has been solid for nearly two months. YAY !
Old 10-25-2016, 09:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Seatbelt Guides

Here's my 2016 TTS in Nano Grey with Red interior (I'm in Canada). I also have the sport seat side plastic parts detaching. Audi tried to repair it but then did further damage so I'm waiting for new parts from Germany too. Meanwhile they gave me back my TTS to drive until the parts come in.

I've also attached some pics of the seatbelt holder/guide on my sport seats. I have not seen these in any other pics or videos of TTS's. The seatbelt guides are quite handy and clip & unclip depending if I want to use them or not. They don't seem to relate to the plastic piece detachment at all.

Has anyone else seen these seatbelt guides on any other TTS's?

Thanks,
Windy1138.
Attached Thumbnails Sport seat plastic bit-2016-audi-tts-nano-grey-red-interior.jpg   Sport seat plastic bit-seatbelt-loop-1.jpg   Sport seat plastic bit-seatbelt-loop-2.jpg   Sport seat plastic bit-seatbelt-loop-3.jpg  
Old 10-26-2016, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Pretty neat seatbelt retainer and no I've not seen that before.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I use that retainer clip. It's great. In a lot of cars I find the seatbelt hits my collarbone in an irritating way and these prevent that. Also it's good to use them so you don't scratch your interior by preventing the buckle from banging into your trim everyday.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Must be a Canadian thing, alas.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sport seat plastic bit