TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Sport seat plastic bit

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S4Q04
Any chance you got or know the TSB number?
TSB #2042470/1
Old 08-17-2016, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

At 8:12 in this video the detached trim is shown:
The following users liked this post:
inoz02 (11-11-2023)
Old 08-17-2016, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
At 8:12 in this video the detached trim is shown: Living with a 2015 / 2016 Audi TTS - YouTube
Poor guy, why the hell would his dealership try to charge him for something like that!
Old 08-17-2016, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfair of the dealership, indeed. That guy's video was very well done. It was the best TTS video I could find on youtube.

There should be a way to report back to the main Audi corp when a dealership like his charges for something that is clearly a defect and which there is a TSB for. Maybe he can still do something. I wonder if he is on this forum...
Old 08-17-2016, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

My car went into the shop this morning to get the plastic bits replaced.

It turns out that more internal parts were required. They couldn't just put the seats back together easily so I've got a loaner car for a while until new parts arrive. It's not a big deal since I've been treated very well and it seems like they are doing everything they can to fix the problem.

That's really unfortunate about the Romanian guy and his TT-S. I hope they can do something retroactively for him.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got mine back, all 4 were replaced.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 21tesla
My car went into the shop this morning to get the plastic bits replaced.

It turns out that more internal parts were required. They couldn't just put the seats back together easily so I've got a loaner car for a while until new parts arrive. It's not a big deal since I've been treated very well and it seems like they are doing everything they can to fix the problem.

That's really unfortunate about the Romanian guy and his TT-S. I hope they can do something retroactively for him.
Oh yeah, it requires the whole seat to be pulled, luckily the service director blessed me with an A6 3.0 with the Black Optic package for a loaner!
Old 08-19-2016, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by z06user
Oh yeah, it requires the whole seat to be pulled, luckily the service director blessed me with an A6 3.0 with the Black Optic package for a loaner!
Nice ! I have a Q3. I took the opportunity while I had it to haul some stuff that wouldn't fit as well in the TT !
Old 08-22-2016, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

I contacted my dealer to get the parts on order so I could have it fixed with my 15k service, and they said that these seat parts are considered "wear and tear items", only covered for 12k miles, or 1 year. The car is only 10 months old, but obviously near 15k miles. Then, I contacted Audi of America and got the same story! So, I'm jumping through hoops to get a special exception, which is just poor customer relations on Audi's part. I explained this was a known problem, and gave them the TSB number, but no one really cared that they sold us a crappy design and should stand behind it without a bunch of extra time and aggravation on my part.

So, if yours has been fixed and it breaks again, then what?
Old 08-22-2016, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S4Q04
I contacted my dealer to get the parts on order so I could have it fixed with my 15k service, and they said that these seat parts are considered "wear and tear items", only covered for 12k miles, or 1 year. The car is only 10 months old, but obviously near 15k miles. Then, I contacted Audi of America and got the same story! So, I'm jumping through hoops to get a special exception, which is just poor customer relations on Audi's part. I explained this was a known problem, and gave them the TSB number, but no one really cared that they sold us a crappy design and should stand behind it without a bunch of extra time and aggravation on my part.

So, if yours has been fixed and it breaks again, then what?
This is BS, you should contact another dealership or keep calling yours until they fulfill their TSB. It is a design flaw, it is broken and weak, FROM the factory, they can even check on their lot, they will have a few TT with the same issue. brand new, not wear/tear, I'd go there, find one of their TT on the lot and show them the problem, even on a brand new one, it will separate. It is a problem, they fixed mine with no issue, and now, it looks VERY solid and perfect. Audi should fix it, no questions.

Quick Reply: Sport seat plastic bit