TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Sport seat plastic bit

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2017 TTS has the seat belt holders/guides also (in Canada).

I find if you don't use them the belt runs across the side of my shoulder instead of the top of my shoulder and feels weird. So I use it.

But I also find when you are using them if you put your seat back too far it stops the seat belt from retracting. So if you lean forward the seat belt pulls out but when you lean back the holder locks the belt up and it doesn't retract so you just have a very slack seat belt and have to fiddle with it to get it to retract.

So I had to set my seat up very carefully to get it as far back as possible but not having it stop the seat belt from retracting.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't use my seat beat loops because I think I'm too tall for them (6'2"). If the seat belt goes through the loop then it's tucked behind my shoulder. I'd rather have it over to side sometimes as was mentioned earlier. I've already got the sport seat as low as it can go and with the steering wheel pushed back, I can't see the turn signal on the dash. I look at the side mirror LED instead.

It's getting chilly in Toronto, first snowflake on the dash

Old 10-27-2016, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ah, I just got my snowflake yesterday too! (2hs West of Toronto)
Putting winters on this weekend.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Finally got it back!

We just got our 2016 TT back today after 55 days in the shop!
They replaced all four seat side trim pieces and also took care of two
recall items while they had it (side indicator light issue and software update).
We had a loaner A6 the while we waited, so it wasn't too bad.

I asked the dealer "what if it breaks again and we're beyond 1 year?" Because I was concerned that we'd be on our own. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the warranty (4 years/50,000 mi) would cover this item, should it occur again.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Called me dealer today and they recently received the replacement seat pieces for my TT with Design Select trim. These are to be the new design, hence the waiting for the trim to literally be produced over the last few months. I'll be making an appointment and hoping this will resolve the issue permanently. While not a really big deal, it has been annoying to look at the broken seat trim hanging off for quite some time now. I'm just glad there is a real fix, not just the same piece replaced that will break in the same manner.

I know a number of us have had this issue. Sounds like parts are available, so follow up with your dealer and share if it successfully fixes your problem long-term.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for for the heads up. Let us know how yours works out.
I'm going to wait until my first service to get mine fixed, didn't want them to just put in one that's going to break again anyways.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Lain
Thanks for for the heads up. Let us know how yours works out.
I'm going to wait until my first service to get mine fixed, didn't want them to just put in one that's going to break again anyways.
Better call ahead and get the item "pre-orders" before you service. Could be a pretty large back-log of orders, and there are 4 different colors of trim, so I doubt dealers will be stocking them. I'm confident you can't get the "old style" installed...Audi pulled them and put a stop order on this fix knowing they needed a redesign.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by farmerjones
so I doubt dealers will be stocking them.
Ha, dealer stock is a joke. Out of all the cars and brands I've owned I don't think I've ever had something fixed where the dealer says they have the parts in stock. I really have no idea what they actually stock..... oil change parts many
Will definitely be calling ahead. Thanks again for the heads up on the redesigned part.

Last edited by Lain; 01-09-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Most all manufacturers and service providers now follow the Just in Time (JIT) logistics philosophy. Frankly I now do so as well with more home maintenance items given our rapid Amazon Prime-esque distribution system (historically I had backups for all sorts of things!). Everyone wants to keep their money in their pocket for as long as possible.

Back on subject, good to hear there's a solution for those affected. [note that I still have no issue at 15 months longevity]

Originally Posted by Lain
Ha, dealer stock is a joke. Out of all the cars and brands I've owned I don't think I've ever had something fixed where the dealer says they have the parts in stock. I really have no idea what they actually stock..... oil change parts many
Will definitely be calling ahead. Thanks again for the heads up on the redesigned part.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine was "repaired" but there's still a small gap along the side of the seat back that was created the first time they tried to fix the seat. It's not a big gap, but it's irritating they left it like that - just sloppy. My first clue should have been the half full water bottle left in my cup holder and the random bolt on the back seat. :P

Quick Reply: Sport seat plastic bit