TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Sport seat plastic bit

Old 02-04-2017, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Well

As far as "dismantling" your seat.....I don't think you understand the simplicity of the repair. The back board is pulled off (held on by clips) and then the trip is replaced (again, pulled off by releasing the clips). This is basically a "no tools needed" repair, and the carwash probably spent more time with your car. No seat should be "dismantled" for this repair, it's very easy and quick.
LOL...well I've never had a car wash take as long as they took to do this! You may be right. I'm not certain they dismantled it but it was an assumption based on what they said and how it was returned. They had it overnight and the next day said, "sorry, they had it all apart and then realized they order the wrong colour". Uhhh, okkaayy. Aren't the clips on the inside? I have no idea what really happened but this photo shows how it was returned back in November. I'm not really angry because it's warranty and I can drive the car. I am a bit surprised though at how a simple repair seems so difficult to get right.
Attached Thumbnails Sport seat plastic bit-seat-trim.jpg  
Old 02-04-2017, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

I feel your pain...my seats looked like that, too, for about 4 months. Since I had the Design Select trim color I actually stopped by and had them take the new trim out of the box to make sure it was the right color before I ended up in a situation like yours.... Sometimes it seems service advisors have no clue on how cars are repaired, and they just make up times on how long things will take....

Luckily you can't even see the trim while driving!! Just happy it's finally done. However I can say I'm very jealous of your seat belt retaining strap....I wish I had that!!
Old 02-04-2017, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by farmerjones
I'm very jealous of your seat belt retaining strap....I wish I had that!!
Yeah, they're great! It's not attached here to get the pic but I use them.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a used '16 TT delivered, it has about 15k miles, and wanted to make sure this is covered by the manufacturer warranty?

I was going to have a local Audi dealer look at it but wanted to check if it was something I would have to pay for or if it will be covered.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

A bad dealer may give you some grief, but most will not.
Do not settle for anything less than fully covered under warranty.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed last week that both my driver and passenger plastic bits were broken like the rest of you guys. I'm at 7500 miles with the '17 TTS, going to wait until the 10k service to bring it in. Anyone know if the replacement bits are stronger or is this just going to keep happening?
Old 06-16-2017, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I started this thread last Fall. Since then my new and improved plastic seat bits have held up well. No complaints! So I hope whatever my dealer did for me, your dealer will be able to do for you.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

*Rant Warning*

I have deleted my list of grievances. I am editing my post because the Service Manager saw me today and I had a chance to detail the issues with my service experiences. He said all the right things and was very understanding and apologetic. I am going to give him a fair chance to regain my trust so we'll see how it goes when they do the passenger side. Tesla21: Valet service and a promise to detail the interior.

*Rant over*

On another note: this time my invoice clearly shows that they replaced the airbag in the seat. We had some discussion about this earlier in the thread. If you look at the bottom of your seat, "AIRBAG" is clearly printed there so it seems the airbag is now part of the process. My first invoice listed only two trim parts and the TSB. This time, the same two trims are listed plus a side airbag and bracket. Frankly, this should be a recall issue and not just warranty.

Last edited by Fun101; 06-19-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Fun, very sorry to hear about your experience, makes me angry when dealers treat customers like this.

You should contact the dealer General Manager.
Explain how this is your first Audi and what you have been through, and your disappointment.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OhBoyKittens
I noticed last week that both my driver and passenger plastic bits were broken like the rest of you guys. I'm at 7500 miles with the '17 TTS, going to wait until the 10k service to bring it in. Anyone know if the replacement bits are stronger or is this just going to keep happening?
If you can stop in prior to your 10k service, have them inspect and order the parts so they can do seat while doing 10k. If not they will do the 10k, inspect seats, order parts and then have you come back a few weeks later and leave the car for a day to do the seat repair.

Good luck !

Ed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sport seat plastic bit