TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Still waiting for a boat, dammit

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Mine didn't actually hit port until yesterday. Apparently two ships were delayed a week. So much for the accuracy of the scheduling/tracking.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryZ
Hey just curious, how long was it between dropping off your car and it getting onto a ship? I dropped off mine on Oct 9 but so far the tracking still just shows car dropped off.
Fri 9/4 - Car dropped off in Nice
Mon 9/7 - Car entered in to BLG system
Wed 9/23 - BLG Request for Booking: Shipment: PWL, Voyage: 007A : DIONYSOS LEADER, ETD: 25.09.15 (this is the last update I ever received in the BLG system)
Wed 9/28 - Boat left Emden, DE (scheduled Sept 25th, actual Sept 28th)

I'll post up a full schedule in the ED forum in the next few weeks now that I almost have my car back
Old 11-03-2015, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks visuar for sharing that timeline! Looks like I should start nagging Audi about when my car can be assigned to a boat
Old 11-03-2015, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks visuar for sharing that timeline! Looks like I should start nagging Audi about when my car can be assigned to a boat
It's possible it's already on a boat. These tracking systems seem very unreliable and updated by manual entry or something (is this 1999?). Crazy stuff.

Best thing to reach out for is BLG probably. Your drop off point should be able to furnish you the contract ID you can enter on their tracking site as well as provide you with a BLG email address if you don't have one yet.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Update:

my dealer let me know on 11/10 that I'm finally on a boat. He said he didn't have a name yet, but he said it shows as code 219 if anyone knows what that means.

I have to think I'm on Sagittarius Leader which left Emden on 11/9 and is scheduled to arrive in San Diego on 12/2. Unless things get massively screwy at the port, I have to think I'll get the car before Christmas. I've lowered my expectations once and I hope not to have to do it again!
Old 11-12-2015, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Good to hear it's finally on the boat! My car took about a week and a half to show up at the dealer after ship landed in San Diego.

As soon as it does I would contact your sales guy and make sure they put a 'hot' (sold/rush) tag on it to get it thru fast. I did (even tho they said they couldn't) and literally found a piece of paper with the words 'hot' on it in the car on pickup lol.

Pretty soon we need to do a SoCal TT meetup. There must be at least 5 of us by now I think?
Old 11-14-2015, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SimianSpeedster

I have to think I'm on Sagittarius Leader which left Emden on 11/9 and is scheduled to arrive in San Diego on 12/2.
Finally got contacted by IFF USA earlier this week about my ED car, I'm in the same boat, literally
Old 11-14-2015, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Finally got contacted by IFF USA earlier this week about my ED car, I'm in the same boat, literally
Sweet! Please keep this thread updated if you hear any news and I'll do the same.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll share my experience with European delivery for what it's worth. I took delivery of a 2016 SQ5 in Ingolstadt on August 31, 2015. I drove the car 2,400 miles over four weeks in Germany, Switzerland and Italy before dropping off the car in Zurich on September 28. The car was picked up the same day and trucked to Emden. I don't know how long that trip took, but since it is about 400 miles, I doubt that it took more than two days which would put the car in Emden on September 30. The car sat in Emden until it was loaded on the Goliath Leader on October 28. It is due to be off-loaded in San Diego tomorrow, November 20.

Several things to be aware of with European delivery: (1) tracking information is almost non-existent; e.g., the Gonderand website still showed the car in Zurich a month after it left there; (2) even though Audi knows the date and place you will be dropping off the car well in advance, don't expect it to be loaded aboard a ship in Emden as soon as it arrives there; e.g., mine sat there for a month; (3) tracking information for the ocean part of the trip on Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic is dependent upon the ship being within 20-40 miles from land since the communications link is VHF; (4) satellite tracking for the ocean voyage is available but it is VERY expensive; and (5) do not expect periodic updates on the shipment's status.

What is needed is an integrated tracking system which pulls data from several different sources and is updated on a regular basis. Frankly that is not "rocket science" in this day and age.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

What's the typical turn around from ordering to taking ownership? I was excited about picking up a TTS early this month on an already allocated car. Unfortunately, the car was not set to arrive until January or February. It's a Glacier white, red interior, BO, 20's and red calipers. If I order, I'd like to get the Nano Gray, my first choice.

Quick Reply: Still waiting for a boat, dammit