TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT 2016 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Minnesota.... they would not accept the ACNA discount. The car is so rare they said that they are not giving any discounts on any allocations.

....but I heard in the Chicago market 6% would not be an issue with or without the ACNA discount. All depends on your market.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The MPG shown on my dealer website shows it sank from 30 to 27 on highway. Odd.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

See official mpg on fueleconomy.gov. It has just been posted:

2015 TT: 22/31/26 mpg
2016 TT: 23/30/26 mpg

2010 TT V6: 18/24/20 mpg
2016 TTS: 23/27/25 mpg

European mpg increased so maybe it's EPA is bit conservative. Although we are not getting the start/stop system which might not have made difference on EPA but certainly did on ECE.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by oldiesdj
For those that have Ordered a new 2016 TT or TTS... is your dealer saying that you have to pay full MSRP?
Thanks
yea my dealer said it has to be MSRP. in fact he said one guy offered over MSRP in an attempt to be 'bumped' to front of order line at that dealership.

i guess combination of few competitor dealerships in the region, new re-redesigned model with some pretty game changer features (virtual cockpit, integrated ac controls into vents, low production model, and overall just gorgeous design inside and out - that's the way it is
Old 07-03-2015, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mlj1975lsu
yea my dealer said it has to be MSRP. in fact he said one guy offered over MSRP in an attempt to be 'bumped' to front of order line at that dealership.

i guess combination of few competitor dealerships in the region, new re-redesigned model with some pretty game changer features (virtual cockpit, integrated ac controls into vents, low production model, and overall just gorgeous design inside and out - that's the way it is
I'm an Audi Club member (Chicagoland), so I ordered with 6% off. Dealer told me that "The only caveat is that the folks who are willing to pay MSRP will get their cars first", and that there were already 4 others that had placed an order. Surprisingly, after I had placed my order, when I asked how many people were ahead of me, I was told that "Audi has taken your order from the queue!
Yesterday, I received the email that my TT was on its way to the port in Germany. - My takeaway: Negotiate the best price you can, it will not affect the delivery date.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

I dont think our car is very popular. But honestly... unless you are in the know.... you dont even know this car is coming.

#audiusausuk
Old 07-04-2015, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for all your replies and help. I ordered a TT Coupe yesterday. One dealer told me only MSRP so I went to another dealer and said that I would give them only $1,500 above invoice for a car that is not sitting on their lot and they were very kind and said that that would work for them. Don't expect it until mid-October though. I said that that works for me. But they did make it sound like most Audi buyers are wealthy enough that they just pay MSRP.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey guys.....I hadn't noticed anything in the specs about Apple CarPlay. Will the virtual dash work with CarPlay?
Old 07-07-2015, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
Hey guys.....I hadn't noticed anything in the specs about Apple CarPlay. Will the virtual dash work with CarPlay?
It does not so far on the models that've been shipping outside of the US unfortunately.

There are some hints it might be added later, but knowing car manufacturers I wouldn't hold my breath.

It was originally announced for early 2016 in NA: Audi will bring Apple CarPlay to new models | Audi USA

Will allow owners to simply upgrade: Audi showcases MIB-2 technology and virtual cockpit at Connected Car Expo in Los Angeles | Audi USA

It will come to the Q7 (same tech as the TT): Popular Science honors Audi virtual cockpit and MMI with ?Product of the Future? award | Audi USA

As well as the new A4 (same tech as the TT): 2017 Audi A4 Pumps up the Technology Quotient - Consumer Reports

So it looks like everything's in place for this to happen.... but so far not a word from Audi if it actually will or not.... Only "problem" I can think of is that they want those interface to run on a secondary screen which the TT does not have....
Old 07-08-2015, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by visuar
... Only "problem" I can think of is that they want those interfaces to run on a secondary screen which the TT does not have....
Exactly. But given a choice between the TT's 'glass cockpit' and Apple CarPlay I'll take the cockpit every time. I'll leave the App's to my iPhone. Of course their are aftermarket mounts for 6+ and iPad, so .....

Quick Reply: TT 2016 Order Guide