TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT 2016 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 249 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Let us know if that happens

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
The choice not to bring the TTS Roadster to the U.S. did surprise me. It is my understanding we will get it in Canada, but order guides are not out yet.
My dealer thinks the TTS roadster will be sold in the US. It's been delayed because of required US testing which is what caused the slight delay in the TTS coupe. I have seen no official word from Audi regarding whether a TTS roadster will or will not be sold here, but my dealer feels certain we will see a TTS roadster and TTRS coupe in the US.

My thoughts after reading the order guide

1. After being AWOL on the Mk 2 TT, the spare tire has returned! Many of us bitched to Audi USA about this and we were heard!
2. The B&O optional sound system looks to be a major step up from the Mk 2 Bose and you don't have to spend $5K for a Prestige package to get it. Seems like a bargain for $950.
3. There are few options because the TT comes nicely equipped. A big complaint I have about GM and Ford is that their standard equipment rarely includes Homelink and it is not available as a stand-alone option. You have to spend $3K to $5K on a higher trim level if you want to leave the remotes at home.

Dislikes
1. Price increases, but I’ve now assimilated the fact that the Mk 3 has the virtual dash and LED headlights to justify the added cost.
2. Same tired old paint selections. 10 choices; 5 black/gray (if you include silver), 2 whites, and 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 dark blue (my Scuba). I am stunned that Sepang Blue is not a standard option as it would look fantastic and was featured in some of the preliminary showings of the Mk 3. My dealer always has a Sepang car in your showroom because it shows so well on any car.
3. The roadster has an interior option that looks remarkably similar to how I customized the seats in my Mk 2. My Mk 2 came with the light gray alcantara body surfaces which I replaced with a mid-blue leather (I did not think I could keep the light gray cloth clean) that has received lots of compliments. The Audi USA folks took pictures of it at TT West 3 years ago. You can now get that blue & gray combo (although the seats are all blue) in the roadster Design Package as Admiral Blue. My complaint is that the package is offered for only 4 paint colors and, incredibly, one of them is not blue???

I’m going to have to take a closer look at the A3/S3 next time I buy. An A3 sedan optioned out with the sport package, LED headlights, 18” wheels, etc to be comparably equipped to the new TT is about $6500 less than the base TT. I expect that the TT would leave the A3 in the dust on a track due to better handling and less weight. Still, on paper, the A3 is no slouch.

For me, I’ve definitely added the S3 to my potential shopping list. It’s about the same price as the base TT as I would configure both models and you get 72 more HP that would overcome that extra weight. If Audi ever sells the S3 convertible here it would probably seal the deal.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx32
Click the link above your post. Go "build your own" and the descriptions are all there. Standard is like a microfiber suede on the seating surfaces with some portions leather (side bolsters and head rest) I believe. Extended leather package has to do with trim inside the passenger compartment like on the arm rest. I don't think it has anything to do with the seats.
Just to add to this Info, for those not familiar with Alcantara. Alcantara is a lovely material, high end, (used in Ferraris as well). It looks, feels, and wears great. Cooler in summer and warmer in winter than leather. If you like black seats I would take it over leather. The Express Red is the big reason to upgrade to Fine Nappa Leather.

https://postmediadriving.files.wordp...969.jpg?w=1024
Old 05-18-2015, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all. I have been looking into the TT for a few years and held off on buying a Mk2 in favor of waiting for the new model.

Saw this thread on Friday and assumed that ordering was now available from the dealership. I went to one of two dealers in my area, and even though the salesperson had the 2016 ordering guide printed out on his desk (and gave me two copied pages for the A3 that my wife will be ordering), he said that they had "no idea" when they can accept orders, but anticipated it would be in August with a 90 day delivery window, meaning my TT would arrive in November. The manager also came by and said they had no info on when ordering or delivery would happen.

For those of you who did order on Friday/over the weekend, what was the estimated delivery date your dealer quoted? I was hoping to have my TT delivered by July or August.

I am going to call the other Audi dealer in town and see if they have different dates/estimates.

thanks!
Old 05-18-2015, 11:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hellthorne
Hey all. I have been looking into the TT for a few years and held off on buying a Mk2 in favor of waiting for the new model.

Saw this thread on Friday and assumed that ordering was now available from the dealership. I went to one of two dealers in my area, and even though the salesperson had the 2016 ordering guide printed out on his desk (and gave me two copied pages for the A3 that my wife will be ordering), he said that they had "no idea" when they can accept orders, but anticipated it would be in August with a 90 day delivery window, meaning my TT would arrive in November. The manager also came by and said they had no info on when ordering or delivery would happen.

For those of you who did order on Friday/over the weekend, what was the estimated delivery date your dealer quoted? I was hoping to have my TT delivered by July or August.

I am going to call the other Audi dealer in town and see if they have different dates/estimates.

thanks!
Allocation was to begin today, but as of noon EST they were not able to put in the order. Estimates now point to late August early September. Maybe even later as 2016's need to start rolling off the assembly lines first.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jinx32
Estimates now point to late August early September. Maybe even later as 2016's need to start rolling off the assembly lines first.
Do you mean estimates for delivery, or estimate for when orders can be put in?
Old 05-18-2015, 12:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Do you mean estimates for delivery, or estimate for when orders can be put in?
I was referring to delivery.

I am not sure if the TT will be earlier and the TTS is later either. What I do know is that NO orders are getting through yet as of noon today.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My dealer is still estimating July for the base TT and September for the TTS
Old 05-19-2015, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I called the other dealer last night and spoke to a salesperson. At first I got the same response - "not sure when, but it should be any day. as soon as we get the order guide in."

I told him that i had seen (on this forum) that others put their orders already, and he said "well, let me look into it. Hey look, the TT is on the cover of the 2016 order guide"

After he confirmed that the TT is in fact in the order guide, he said I could come in today to place my order. So it seems that Audi is not very clear on communicating info to dealers, or the dealers in central Florida are not quite on top of things.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have found that salesmen are always the last to know

I called the other dealer last night and spoke to a salesperson. At first I got the same response - "not sure when, but it should be any day. as soon as we get the order guide in."

I told him that i had seen (on this forum) that others put their orders already, and he said "well, let me look into it. Hey look, the TT is on the cover of the 2016 order guide"

After he confirmed that the TT is in fact in the order guide, he said I could come in today to place my order. So it seems that Audi is not very clear on communicating info to dealers, or the dealers in central Florida are not quite on top of things.
This has happened to me time and again with Audi and virtually all auto makers. Unless you talk to the GM or sales manager, you are unlikely to get the true info on anything new. MY GM says the problem is too much information. While we enthusiasts of a particular model know the car inside and out, the average salesman just can not keep up with the news on a dozen or so models. Personally, I think that is bunk. If you make you living selling a brand, you should know everything about what you are selling. It's not like sales men have no free time during their day in the showroom. They'd just rather drink coffee, eat doughnuts, and gab.

My most recent example, back in 2013 I was looking for another TT. I was interested in a new car but all of the dealers in the SW had used up their allocation and could not place an order for several months. I asked salesmen at 2 dealerships to call me when they got new allocations and never heard a word. All the better for me because I got a steal on a low mileage CPO after waiting 3 months. When I drove it to my dealership a few weeks later, I told the GM that I got a CPO from another dealership because I could not order a new one. He told me that he was sitting on unused allocations for about a month and was pissed with his staff that no one called me.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
This has happened to me time and again with Audi and virtually all auto makers. Unless you talk to the GM or sales manager, you are unlikely to get the true info on anything new. MY GM says the problem is too much information. While we enthusiasts of a particular model know the car inside and out, the average salesman just can not keep up with the news on a dozen or so models. Personally, I think that is bunk. If you make you living selling a brand, you should know everything about what you are selling. It's not like sales men have no free time during their day in the showroom. They'd just rather drink coffee, eat doughnuts, and gab.

My most recent example, back in 2013 I was looking for another TT. I was interested in a new car but all of the dealers in the SW had used up their allocation and could not place an order for several months. I asked salesmen at 2 dealerships to call me when they got new allocations and never heard a word. All the better for me because I got a steal on a low mileage CPO after waiting 3 months. When I drove it to my dealership a few weeks later, I told the GM that I got a CPO from another dealership because I could not order a new one. He told me that he was sitting on unused allocations for about a month and was pissed with his staff that no one called me.
The whole sales model in Car Dealers is broken, and obsolete. Until the model changes car enthusiasts will always be left frustrated.

Quick Reply: TT 2016 Order Guide