TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT MK3 Virtual Cockpit Setting

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT MK3 Virtual Cockpit Setting

Hi Everyone,

I've been looking at the new TT and saw the virtual cockpit system.
I've been looking at videos online and they show the map, sat-nav and radio. But there is nothing about the settings option and I was curious what options could be changed and the things that can be done through it.
A list of functions and sub lists or pictures would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The settings are all accessed through there as well. you learn quickly about the importance of the "left click" "right click" in each menu. I find that if i think about it too hard, i get confused, but if i just let my fingers just go, I know all of the menus by heart. The only thing that i mess up all the time is the "OK" button. Its the pressing of the scroll wheel on the left side. I keep hitting the scroll on the right side and just mute the radio. i never use the big clunky wheel near the armrest. I think its just there to make the passenger feel like they have options.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I noticed there were various options on the initial screen, one of them being setting. I was wondering what can be done and what options are available inside the setting.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2015, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Change drive mode, exterior & interior lighting, bluetooth/wifi, map settings, nav settings, audio setup, assign custom function to the star (*) button, what to display in the center of the rpm counter, etc.

In the end there's very little to customize the actual user interface unfortunately. I really wish I could have the odometer visible all the time as well as the current road's speed limit that the navigation system has embedded for example.

I've been meaning to build a tree of what all the settings are and where they are as it's a pretty confusing mess, but have not had the time to try and do that.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That is one for the wish list here as well. you can only see the speed limit if you are on the NAV screen. Wish it were otherwise.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tm518
Hi Everyone,

I've been looking at the new TT and saw the virtual cockpit system.
I've been looking at videos online and they show the map, sat-nav and radio. But there is nothing about the settings option and I was curious what options could be changed and the things that can be done through it.
A list of functions and sub lists or pictures would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.
These will help:

http://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/a...tart-guide.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/user/AudiofAmerica/playlists
Old 11-11-2015, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I wish there was a more minimal version of the virtual cockpit UI, or if you could customize it or something. Its weird how simple the rest of the car interior is, but the virtual cockpit is this super information dense thing.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ventro
I wish there was a more minimal version of the virtual cockpit UI, or if you could customize it or something. Its weird how simple the rest of the car interior is, but the virtual cockpit is this super information dense thing.
Yes, I really wish you could customize it way more, but I don't see that happening with the closed eco system mentality of Audi and "safety" concerns.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i could have sworn i read something about a revision of the software coming out at some point soon. It wouldn't surprise me if us TT owners were beta testers and there are some tweaks coming prior it next years launch on more vehicles.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, some people have mentioned an update coming late 2015. Audi has mentioned in numerous press releases that it's a new flexible platform that can get hardware and software updates.

So far none of this has happened on any new MMI platform (A3 and MY2015 TT in Europe) as far as I know..... Given the past I'll be shocked (in a good way) if updates like that actually happen (outside of nav map updates).

Time will tell?

Quick Reply: TT MK3 Virtual Cockpit Setting