TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TTS Pricing - Launch versus Order

Old 10-12-2015, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTS Pricing - Launch versus Order

Appreciate all the great info on this forum and wanted to get the perspective of folks a few questions. I have the opportunity to purchase a TTS Launch Edition at 3% off MSRP or order a TTS at 6% off MSRP with delivery in late Feb.

Couple of questions:

For the Launch Edition, what kind of deals have people reached? Is taking a 3% hit worth the earlier delivery and the different rims and inlays?

I've heard that sales of the regular TT have been so-so but the TTS is so new in the US that demand is harder to predict. Any concerns over demand and resale? For example, I heard on 50 Launch Edition cars in the US and a smaller production run of TTS models. Any one know if that is true?

Any and all perspectives welcome. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2015, 11:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

TT and TTS are both pretty new, and are both going to be sold in low numbers in the U.S.

These cars are just not hot sellers here, probably due to the small size and high price. But that makes it more valuable to me

Each dealer will only have so many slots available to order TT(S) cars out of the pool, but yes, the launch edition will be even more limited.

Most people that have chimed in so far seem to be paying around MSRP when not doing European Delivery.

In the end I would go with what look + features you want and how much you are willing to pay for that. The difference between 3% and 6% is maybe 1.5 - 1.75K. Only you can decide if that's worth the different look and getting it now.

One thing I would double check on is that the car has all the features you want (not sure if the launch edition comes with all options or not).
Old 10-13-2015, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Low volume to be sure. My dealer only got one TTS allocation .... and it's mine.

The launch edition is very nice, if of course you like the color combo.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 248 Likes on 211 Posts
Default Regarding resale

Originally Posted by WDP3
Appreciate all the great info on this forum and wanted to get the perspective of folks a few questions.

I've heard that sales of the regular TT have been so-so but the TTS is so new in the US that demand is harder to predict. Any concerns over demand and resale? For example, I heard on 50 Launch Edition cars in the US and a smaller production run of TTS models. Any one know if that is true?

Any and all perspectives welcome. Thanks!
From a cost perspective, I agree with others that the 3% difference is trivial so buy what you want.

Resale of low mileage Mk 2s has been pretty consistent. I browse Cars.com regularly for used TT, TTS, and TTRS just for fun for the past 5 years. My parameters are no more than 3 years old and under 20K miles. I search nationwide and have seen little geographic differences. Despite the fact that new TT sales for past years has typically been a dismal about 2000 a year, the used TT market has been very strong. Asking prices for the base TT are usually within 15% or less of original MSRP. The TTS usually takes a bigger hit, selling for about $5K more than the base model despite the fact that its MSRP was about $9K more. I don't expect those numbers to change much for the Mk 3.

Also, limited edition TTs don't command a premium price in the used car market. Fact is, most buyers are not even aware of them. They might be worth more 10 years from now at a Barrett-Jackson auction.

Regarding present scarcity of TTS allocations, it is temporary. In 6 months you will be able to order a TTS almost whenever you want (I've never understood Audi's allocation system which seem to depress sales.)

There is one scenario that might boost Mk 3 TTS sales/resales. Early professional reviews say the TT handling is almost as good as a Cayman and the TTS has more HP that the base Cayman which sells for about the same price. If the TTS becomes a Cayman killer on the track, it could generate a cult following among enthusiasts.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
From a cost perspective, I agree with others that the 3% difference is trivial so buy what you want.

Resale of low mileage Mk 2s has been pretty consistent. I browse Cars.com regularly for used TT, TTS, and TTRS just for fun for the past 5 years. My parameters are no more than 3 years old and under 20K miles. I search nationwide and have seen little geographic differences. Despite the fact that new TT sales for past years has typically been a dismal about 2000 a year, the used TT market has been very strong. Asking prices for the base TT are usually within 15% or less of original MSRP. The TTS usually takes a bigger hit, selling for about $5K more than the base model despite the fact that its MSRP was about $9K more. I don't expect those numbers to change much for the Mk 3.

Also, limited edition TTs don't command a premium price in the used car market. Fact is, most buyers are not even aware of them. They might be worth more 10 years from now at a Barrett-Jackson auction.

Regarding present scarcity of TTS allocations, it is temporary. In 6 months you will be able to order a TTS almost whenever you want (I've never understood Audi's allocation system which seem to depress sales.)

There is one scenario that might boost Mk 3 TTS sales/resales. Early professional reviews say the TT handling is almost as good as a Cayman and the TTS has more HP that the base Cayman which sells for about the same price. If the TTS becomes a Cayman killer on the track, it could generate a cult following among enthusiasts.
I drove a launch edition the other day. The wheels seemed different than standard. Not the 20" upgrade on the website, but a different style of 19". Pretty nice looking, so if that would keep you from buying aftermarket there's your difference in price right there. Also have you looked into ACNA discount? Think the TTS would be eligible.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Went with Launch Edition

Thanks guys for your input. I ended up going with the Launch Edition as I really liked the different wheels (19's from Europe/Canada) and the piano black inlays. Initial impressions are great. The virtual cockpit does take some getting use to but I imagine I felt the same way about the iPhone. :-)

Am replacing the Potenzia (?) summer tires with all season Continental Extreme Contact all season tires given the winters where I live.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! Would love to see some photos of the piano black inlays!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Inlay pics

Attached are some pics of the inlays. Mainly in the center console but then there are also on the interior door handles.
Attached Images    
Old 11-05-2015, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looks nice! Does it attract fingerprints at all?
Old 11-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wouldn't say it attracts...it does show them though. What it does attract is dust, keep a MF in the glovebox if you are OCD like me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TTS Pricing - Launch versus Order