TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TTS Pricing - Launch versus Order

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Not OCD, you just like your ride "ship shape and Bristol fashion", as do I.

Originally Posted by aaronz
I wouldn't say it attracts...it does show them though. What it does attract is dust, keep a MF in the glovebox if you are OCD like me.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Not OCD, you just like your ride "ship shape and Bristol fashion", as do I.
Do we detect some British heritage there?
Old 11-08-2015, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Yes by lineage, but more so Marine. 😉

Originally Posted by n828cl
Do we detect some British heritage there?
Old 11-08-2015, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My thoughts

Originally Posted by WDP3
Appreciate all the great info on this forum and wanted to get the perspective of folks a few questions. I have the opportunity to purchase a TTS Launch Edition at 3% off MSRP or order a TTS at 6% off MSRP with delivery in late Feb.

Couple of questions:

For the Launch Edition, what kind of deals have people reached? Is taking a 3% hit worth the earlier delivery and the different rims and inlays?

I've heard that sales of the regular TT have been so-so but the TTS is so new in the US that demand is harder to predict. Any concerns over demand and resale? For example, I heard on 50 Launch Edition cars in the US and a smaller production run of TTS models. Any one know if that is true?

Any and all perspectives welcome. Thanks!
I had the opportunity through Audi to receive the first TTS in the country. Upon viewing the car at my dealer, once it came in, I didn't find anything really special about it. The 19" rims and the black piano inlays were the only items that made it unique. Now, if they were numbered, that would have been different. And, Mythos Black not being a color I care for, I passed on the car. I had already put in an order for an Ibis White/Red/20" wheels...so that vehicle is on the boat right now.
On checking with dealers, the Launch Edition was readily available...so...other than me getting the first one in the country, nothing made it really special. I would say...order what you really want, as I don't think the Launch Eidition will carry much additional value.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by donistook
I had the opportunity through Audi to receive the first TTS in the country. Upon viewing the car at my dealer, once it came in, I didn't find anything really special about it. The 19" rims and the black piano inlays were the only items that made it unique. Now, if they were numbered, that would have been different. And, Mythos Black not being a color I care for, I passed on the car. I had already put in an order for an Ibis White/Red/20" wheels...so that vehicle is on the boat right now.
On checking with dealers, the Launch Edition was readily available...so...other than me getting the first one in the country, nothing made it really special. I would say...order what you really want, as I don't think the Launch Eidition will carry much additional value.
You get different 19" forged wheels which will not be on any other TTS models. Piano black inlays which are not currently available for any TTs, and extended leather which is the airbag cap and instrument cluster hood, also not available for any other TTs.

And of course the "launch" edition is available at dealers as those were the cars they likely received first. But I agree, it is personal preference and the white on red with 20s will be a nice combo. I wouldn't say that makes the launch edition not anything special though.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I stand corrected

Originally Posted by adg44
You get different 19" forged wheels which will not be on any other TTS models. Piano black inlays which are not currently available for any TTs, and extended leather which is the airbag cap and instrument cluster hood, also not available for any other TTs.

And of course the "launch" edition is available at dealers as those were the cars they likely received first. But I agree, it is personal preference and the white on red with 20s will be a nice combo. I wouldn't say that makes the launch edition not anything special though.
Sorry...I didn't mean to imply that there was nothing special about the Launch Edition...but for my personal taste, not enough to make me buy a color that is not high on my choices. The 19" wheel is not that much different than the stock wheel, although it is lighter.
Audi gave me an option...receive the first TTS in the country, or place an order for specifically what I wanted. I went ahead and placed an order for my specifics...Ibis/Red/Nav/20" wheels/ B & O, and red brake calipers, just in case. I have a new set of StopTech GT 4 piston racing calipers with titanium pucks...and 380 discs just waiting to go on the car. Also, a Milltek downpipe (I have two in stock).
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry...I didn't mean to imply that there was nothing special about the Launch Edition...but for my personal taste, not enough to make me buy a color that is not high on my choices. The 19" wheel is not that much different than the stock wheel, although it is lighter.
Audi gave me an option...receive the first TTS in the country, or place an order for specifically what I wanted. I went ahead and placed an order for my specifics...Ibis/Red/Nav/20" wheels/ B & O, and red brake calipers, just in case. I have a new set of StopTech GT 4 piston racing calipers with titanium pucks...and 380 discs just waiting to go on the car. Also, a Milltek downpipe (I have two in stock).
Where/how did you get downpipes I haven't found any parts for our cars outside of lowering springs (which I ordered today), 25mm drop at all corners.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also who still uses a wired mouse?

jk but you need an upgrade!
Old 11-11-2015, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

I don't know... the only thing these wheels seem to have in common is that they are both round.

Stock TTS wheel:

TTS Launch Edition wheel:

What I like about the launch edition is that wheel ties together the entire car. The polished face highlights the alu-optic bits on the TTS (grille, lower bumpers, mirror caps, etc), and the anthracite matte interior of the wheel matches the platinum gray on the grille and rear diffuser, as well as the sides of the S sport seats and the contrast anthracite stitching. Then the piano black inlays match with the black exterior, and the red calipers go with the red leather seats. I think it's a good theme.

Why are you replacing the fixed four piston aluminum monobloc calipers on the TTS already? They are phenomenal brakes - I don't think you're going to be able to do much better with the StopTechs, especially since the ESC/ABS is coded to the brakes that come stock on the car. I'd give the stock brakes a try before changing them out...