TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TTS's have arrived in the U.S.!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree. With the lighter colors you see more of the very nice lines and contours, but the huge grill bothers me and the whole car does look a lot more streamlined in black. I'll consider the Launch car when it comes in, but I think I'd get tired of the red interior pretty quick. It doesn't seem like there is much of a discount on it either. The salesman tried to convince me that getting the European wheels was a big deal, but I prefer the standard wheels.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffc
I agree. With the lighter colors you see more of the very nice lines and contours, but the huge grill bothers me and the whole car does look a lot more streamlined in black. I'll consider the Launch car when it comes in, but I think I'd get tired of the red interior pretty quick. It doesn't seem like there is much of a discount on it either. The salesman tried to convince me that getting the European wheels was a big deal, but I prefer the standard wheels.
I like big grills

If you get the ACNA lifetime membership you should be able to get 6% off MSRP
Old 09-21-2015, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you will get used to the new grill, they tend to grow on you. Not a big fan of black cars myself. I don't quite understand the apprehension folks have about the Express Red seats, I really like them. As far as the "European Wheels" on the US Launch Edition, your salesman needs a new name for them as they are standard on the Canadian TTS
Old 09-21-2015, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

The salesman tried to convince me that getting the European wheels was a big deal, but I prefer the standard wheels.
They're not "European wheels" - they're the only ones available on the TTS in Canada.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

I recently enrolled in ACNA, but the rules say you must be a member for 6 months before being entitled to the 6% discount. I'll see if I can get around that somehow or use it in the negotiation. I'll need to get an "authorized ACNA personnel signature." Where would I find someone who is authorized?
Old 09-21-2015, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I recently enrolled in ACNA, but the rules say you must be a member for 6 months before being entitled to the 6% discount. I'll see if I can get around that somehow or use it in the negotiation. I'll need to get an "authorized ACNA personnel signature." Where would I find someone who is authorized?
As far as I know signing up for lifetime gets around that (as you can't "cancel" that so to speak).

Your ACNA card will say you're a lifetime member. That would be enough I'd think if the dealer/sales guy you're dealing with are good.

Anyway, talk to your dealer about it. See what they say.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll need to get an "authorized ACNA personnel signature." Where would I find someone who is authorized?
You'll need to call ACNA, as noted on the right side of the member loyalty page:
Member Loyalty Program | Audi Club of North America
Old 09-21-2015, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by n828cl
They're not "European wheels" - they're the only ones available on the TTS in Canada.
The only way to get those wheels in the US is on the launch edition.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

OK, Canadian/European wheels. In any case, I don't agree with the sales manager that they add any value to the Launch package. IMHO those wheels and the red interior were bad marketing decisions.

Opinions vary.......

Thanks for the input about color choices.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

TTS at a local dealer

Name:  image_zps8hmsbesx.jpeg
Views: 69
Size:  240.8 KB