TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

VC Glare... resolved

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VC Glare... resolved

For the past couple of week of ownership, I've been a bit annoyed by amount of glare coming off the VC screen. Quite pronounced at times, particularly given the low sun angles this time of year. But once or twice I also noticed a vertical line on the left, about an inch wide. Initially I thought it was just an odd reflection, but today on the commute home, I became concerned that it was a flaw in the screen. For a moment I was overcome with the horror of thinking that the dash of my brand new car was about to be torn apart.

But thankfully, the light caught it just right and I noticed something else. A little wrinkle. Stuck my fingernail in there are sure enough. A protective sheet of plastic, which should have been removed in prep, but wasn't. Screen is a bit brighter, glare is pretty much gone. Was annoying and odd enough that I thought I'd mention it just in case others had noticed, but not resolved something similar.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Sometimes the "pull" tab for the protective cover comes off and then you can't tell the cover is there. I was shocked when I read this title as the VC has absolutely no glare and was designed specifically with that in mind (angle of screen, matte finish). It also has twice the brightness of an iPad so you can always see it , regardless of how bright the sun is.

Glad you were able to pull the cover off. Sometimes it is hard to get a grip on it without the tab.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, its great now. Just a bit miffed at the dealership. They had a couple of days to get the car ready, but failed to have it inspected, annoying enough, and then this.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

The dealer prep on my TTS was surprisingly very good, considering my A5 and allroad were not. But then my recent 5k service at my purchasing dealership was not up to par. It seems to me fairly straightforward to provide a positive buyer/service experience in the automotive world and yet I am often disappointed.