TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

vegas yellow

Old 11-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vegas yellow

Hola, I'm ready to order a base tt without any options, the only thing I am not sure about is brilliant black or vegas yellow.
has any one seen a yellow tt yet? is it really yellow yellow or a shade darker so one can look at it in bright sunlight without sunglasses?
I was also thinking a red S3 but that color was just too bright for my taste.
(I live in calif.)
Old 11-28-2015, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by x_man
Hola, I'm ready to order a base tt without any options, the only thing I am not sure about is brilliant black or vegas yellow.
has any one seen a yellow tt yet? is it really yellow yellow or a shade darker so one can look at it in bright sunlight without sunglasses?
I was also thinking a red S3 but that color was just too bright for my taste.
(I live in calif.)
My post below shows a picture of my Vegas Yellow TTS, and there are pictures of one or two on Autotrader. I was concerned that it would be too "school bus" yellow, but its more yellow than that, but datker than Porsche yellow. The picture is pretty accurate.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not sure about the yellow since I have only seen pictures but I own the base TT in brilliant black and when it's clean its an awesome color. Very classy and sleek stealth looking. Just like any black car it does show dirt easy but I also have a black suv so I love the color. I am running no front license plate so the front of the car with the grill looks great, at least that is my option. I posted an album in my profile with a couple pictures. I can send you additional pictures if you want.

Last edited by flmtrain; 11-28-2015 at 04:09 AM.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sunglasses aren't needed. You can see pictures of mine on this thread:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-...-done-2890461/
Old 11-28-2015, 07:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks for answers, I will go with the yellow, even though I like the black very much as long as it stays brilliant but california has a ban on driveway car washing.
plus I have to park under a giant tree with lots of undesirable stuff falling from it.

X.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Since you're in the bay area, go to the San Francisco auto show. It's running through Sunday. The Audi display has a Vegas Yellow TTS on display. It's pretty bright.

You should also check with one of the Audi staff at the show to see about signing up for the Audi On Demand program. This is apparently only available in San Francisco. You can rent all sorts of Audis, including the TT and R8. They have a TT coupe and a TT convertible available. If you sign up at the show you're supposed to get $100 off your first rental. TT rentals are $220 a day.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks for answers, I will go with the yellow, even though I like the black very much as long as it stays brilliant but california has a ban on driveway car washing.
plus I have to park under a giant tree with lots of undesirable stuff falling from it.

X.
Based on your environmental conditions suggest you look into coatings, like these:

CQuartz FINEST

Optimum Polymer Technologies : Accelerate Into The Future | Optimum Polymer Technologies

I will have one of them applied professionally on my next car.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Vegas Yellow

Originally Posted by table5
Since you're in the bay area, go to the San Francisco auto show. It's running through Sunday. The Audi display has a Vegas Yellow TTS on display. It's pretty bright.
I will definitely go there tomorrow.

Thanks for info, X.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
Based on your environmental conditions suggest you look into coatings, like these:

CQuartz FINEST

Optimum Polymer Technologies : Accelerate Into The Future | Optimum Polymer Technologies

I will have one of them applied professionally on my next car.
I'n not sure about this, my GTI is 7 years old but paint looks like new after visit to the car wash
X
Ps 4 month delivery
Price 41.5k +Tx and Lic
Old 12-01-2015, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 248 Likes on 211 Posts

Here is a video using a yellow TTS

quattroworld.com Forums: Pretty good TTS review