TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Verifying -- no memory for seats right?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Memory for the PASSENGER seat .... NOT a need.... Should have had LED Jeadlights before that other nonsense , Q5's are their most popular veh..... 😳
Old 01-13-2017, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Concur. Coming from a BMW, the run flats SUCK!!! Also, don't care about the sub. B&O sounds great to me without it. I don't really care about the other omissions as well except for matrix headlights with auto high beam. That would have been awesome, but I've heard it's the DOT's fault it's not available in the US.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

The B & O does sound great...for the capabilities of a system without a sub....but it can't reproduce the low notes without, not even close. I would have thought the demographic of this car would have taken that as a must have feature. Seriously, some of the omissions nearly kept me from purchasing the car, but I couldn't find anything else better. But I do find it put a damper on my enthusiasm to buy a car that from the get go didn't have features I basically considered "must have"....and features offered within Audi on even the entry-level cars (or worse, features available in other countries).
Old 01-14-2017, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by f1point0
Concur. Coming from a BMW, the run flats SUCK!!! Also, don't care about the sub. B&O sounds great to me without it. I don't really care about the other omissions as well except for matrix headlights with auto high beam. That would have been awesome, but I've heard it's the DOT's fault it's not available in the US.
I ordered the B&O, AFAIC, its fine. When I drive a car of this ilk, I mostly want to hear what the car is saying anyway. I could go on for hours about the stuff I wish Audi did differently with this car, fairly simple things that would have made it absolutely epic. Not a single one of them has anything to do with making it more of a rolling living room. The point of offering a small, light, agile car is that first and foremost, it's small, light and agile. Subwoofers, sunroofs, heated steering wheels, even memory seats, all add, in this context, unwanted pork. Gauging the TT's luxury content for dollars spent index is an entirely different question, but for folks that lament the omission of this sort of stuff, their are myriad choices, the S5 wouldn't be a bad place to start. While I get that a lot of the appeal of the TT is its blend of sport, luxury and practicality, Audi needs at least one car in the lineup that consistently value dynamics over coddling.

You're correct, the DoT has yet to approve matrix lighting. Somehow the bozos over that agency got a bug up their *** fifty years ago. To their credit, they did miraculously manage to figure out that the single most important aspect of automotive lighting was being able to see at night. Trouble was they were referring to the sight of drivers in oncoming cars. As far as they could figure it out, if the opposing driver were to catch the slightest twinkle in their eye, death was certain. Given it was the 60's, its understandable their reasoning was a bit loony, what with all the LSD around in those days. Presumably drugs or a clerical error resulted in the agency confusing human beings with deer. For whatever reason the idea is utterly burned in their psyches, which is why despite the technology being available everywhere else in the world, their still dragging their hoofs.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol. Yeah, the DOT and every other government agency. So many bugs up asses! Just out of curiosity I tried to build a US S5 and no heated steering wheel is available. Not sure about the sub. For me personally, spare tire over sub any day.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by f1point0
Just out of curiosity I tried to build a US S5 and no heated steering wheel is available. Not sure about the sub. For me personally, spare tire over sub any day.
The new A4 does, so almost certain that the update to the 5 will as well.
[EDIT] At least the steering wheel, not sure if the new B&O in the A4 has a sub, though with 19 speakers, you'd think it might.

Last edited by Tailwagger; 01-14-2017 at 05:57 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

The new S5 (and presumably the A5 with options - at least on the U.K. Site) has it all..... B&O with subwoofer, heated steering wheel (at least if you don't mind skipping the flat bottom), and... wait for it... a space saver spare wheel. Just missing the Black Optic, and the classic design of the TT and original A5. :-)

[edit: the note stating the existence of a spare tire (or is that tyre :-) ) was in the U.K. Technical specs ...and would not have been updated based on the configuration I chose.... so, perhaps the sub would take the place of the spare. Who knows. And FWIW the German site has more, including Black Optic..]

Last edited by BlackOptic; 01-14-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by a4avant-ti
The new S5 (and presumably the A5 with options - at least on the U.K. Site) has it all...
Including an additional 6-700 pounds or so.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwagger
Including an additional 6-700 pounds or so.
...which is exactly why I wanted a TT. Didn't want a bigger car that certainly does not have the handling of the TT nor the TT's rear biased Quattro or the virtual cockpit. And it certainly doesn't have the deign, inside and out, of the TT. I certainly don't think a heated steering wheel would change my skidpad numbers, nor would memory seats decrease my acceleration times. Perhaps some buyers are looking for a focus sports car, so they left out the fluff, but I doubt that represents a large segment of it's buyers (and certainly not me). And Im pretty sure a Cayman or 911 are considered to be pretty performanc-orriented cars and they offer these features. This is my one and only car, and I wanted everything! You have to admit deleting features available in other countries reeks of nothing more than marketing. Like I said, it would have been nice to at least offer these features for those of us that wanted them.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just to provide more info on the B&O system, a couple of quotes and links. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I just did a quick search on this forum.

TT COUPÉ - Bang & Olufsen

"Specifications
Speakers
12 fully active loudspeakers

Front:
2 tweeters in the dash 2 midrange (one in each door)

Dash Centre:
1 centre
1 tweeter

Each door:
1 woofer (dual coil configuration) in a sealed box enclosure with optimised volume of 9.1 litres

Rear:
2 tweeters
2 woofers/speakers

Amplifier
14-channel DSP (Digital Signal Processing) amplifier with 680 Watts"

Audi TT review: Bang and Olufsen sound and Driver assists | TechRadar

"All the speakers are driven by a 14-channel digital amplifier capable of 680 watts. Now, you're probably wondering why there are more amp channels than speakers. That's because the in-door woofers responsible for playing all the low notes have two voice coils to receive twice the power for solid, thump-tastic bass."

I like the system in my 2016 TT Coupe. It compares very favorably to the Krell system in my Acura RLX. Maybe not as loud but sound wise as good. As a caveat, I am not a Hi-Fi guru but I enjoy good sound.

Quick Reply: Verifying -- no memory for seats right?