TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Vinyl Wrapping

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grey67
It is VERY difficult to find a suntek installer. AFAICT, their web site doesn't list installers, just distributors.

XPEL installers are apparently all over the place. But dayum that film be expensive. I calculated a ballpark cost of over 3K just for the cut film if you want a full car wrap, plus figure another 2K or more for install. Ouch!
Thats pretty much what i mean. They r both installed the same way but xpel is promoted heavily so they can charge a premium. A xpel installer can easily just order suntek film and install it the same way. But they prob wont so they can charge u more for xpel. Sucks. Pretty much forces u to use xpel
Old 01-09-2017, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I emailed a local installer who gave me a ballpark of 4500 to fully wrap with matte film. So I wasn't too far off. It'll take 4-5 days to do the work, which makes me sad since I'll basically pick up the car, drive it to the wrapper, and then lose it for 5 days. But the matte wrap will make me very happy. :-)
Old 01-09-2017, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

I emailed a local installer who gave me a ballpark of 4500 to fully wrap with matte film. So I wasn't too far off. It'll take 4-5 days to do the work, which makes me sad since I'll basically pick up the car, drive it to the wrapper, and then lose it for 5 days. But the matte wrap will make me very happy. :-)
not cheap but def not overpriced either. Thats xpel?

Its worth it to protect the paint to be without ur car for a few days! I did the same. Picked up car nd straight to clear bra install the next day
Old 01-09-2017, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bknewtype
not cheap but def not overpriced either. Thats xpel?

Its worth it to protect the paint to be without ur car for a few days! I did the same. Picked up car nd straight to clear bra install the next day
they said they use XPEL, Suntek and one other so I asked him to confirm what film the quote was made with in mind.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I had the xpel treatment done on hood, front bumper, front of fenders and mirror housings, $1200. If I were to get adventuress with my hard earned cash, I'd do a matte wrap and a new color.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

The guy I was emailing with is really nice - I'm glad I stumbled across him, and I'm planning to use him for my wrap. The price he gave me for the front wrap only was around 1600, so you definitely got a better deal than I did! I'm so looking forward to the matte wrap!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Agreed. I had my S6 shipped directly to my detailer for a full new car prep, XPEL install, and Opti-Coat Pro Plus. When I actually "took delivery" was a week later, when it was totally set. Worth the wait for sure.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

The guy I was emailing with is really nice - I'm glad I stumbled across him, and I'm planning to use him for my wrap. The price he gave me for the front wrap only was around 1600, so you definitely got a better deal than I did! I'm so looking forward to the matte wrap!
price def varies. at the end of the day, if its something ur willing to pay, and installer is reputable, go for it!

ur going with full xpel stealth?
Old 01-13-2017, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

price def varies. at the end of the day, if its something ur willing to pay, and installer is reputable, go for it!

ur going with full xpel stealth?
Assuming my budget can afford it, yes. I was debating matte front, normal back but thought that would look weird. I need to see how badly AMT is going to hit me this year!
Old 01-13-2017, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Assuming my budget can afford it, yes. I was debating matte front, normal back but thought that would look weird. I need to see how badly AMT is going to hit me this year!
100% dont mixed it up! Stay uniform for sure

as an alternative if you want matte maybe you should look into vinyl wrapping if protection isnt ur main priority. Vinyl wrap should be much cheaper. If u go the vinyl wrap route be prepared to be faced with a super tough choice : which color do u want to pick out of the 500 colors possible!!?!?

Quick Reply: Vinyl Wrapping