TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Wait Times for a 2016 TT & "Owner-in-Waiting" Program

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wait Times for a 2016 TT & "Owner-in-Waiting" Program

Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of typical wait times for ordering a new TT (with delivery to upstate NY). I ordered mine in January of 2016, so it has been about 3 months now. I have heard that there is a "owner-in-waiting" program, but I have received no emails as to status. My dealer reports that the car is "in transit", but can't determine a delivery date and doesn't know why I haven't received any emails as to its production status.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by docjll
Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of typical wait times for ordering a new TT
According to my experience delivery should be any day now.
I got mine exactly 3 month after signing down payment. (on west coast)
X.

'owner in waiting' sounds like the were pulling your leg just to make you feel
better.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

You only get emails if your salesman is savvy enough to sign you up for same. Mine was not either. But he/she should at least be able to give you more definitive information at this point. Anyway, shouldn't be long now.

I haven't heard of that program but perhaps a new marketing thing.

Your TT should arrive in Davisville, RI and then a week or so for port processing and transit to upstate NY.

The last couple weeks are the hardest. Enjoy!
Old 04-11-2016, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

There's a planned build date week on your original order form, not intuitively obvious but it's there. For sure your sales guy can at the very least confirm that it was built. Beyond that I found that the system breaks down, and the next info my sales guy could get was confirmation when the car hit the port in RI.

By the way, I was signed up to get emails direct from Audi, I think the only one I got was confirmation that the car was built.

As Huey says, you're close now....painfully close. But hey, this too shall pass.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, guys. This is my first post on the forum here and I really appreciate your responses. It was really comforting to learn that the "radio silence" that I have been experiencing on my expected delivery date is so common. I was beginning to wonder if the dealership had lost my paperwork (or even something more nefarious). So, I thank you very much.

While I have your attention, I wonder if you'd like to weigh in on my next concern. The new vehicle comes with "summer" tires (and I opted for the 19 inch diameter), so from what I've read it's advisable to get winter tires in the fall. I have dealt with Tire Rack before (currently on a mini S) and like them a lot. Assuming that you agree that I will need winter tires, do you have any recommendations as to brand?

Thanks again for your help.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Michelin dedicated snow tires (I have Alpin model). Also recommend 18" rims to afford somewhat taller sidewall (pothole survival) and thinner tread (less "snowplowing"). My daughter has similar on her Mini Countryman.

I went to St Lawrence Univ (SLU) and you'll need them come Winter.

TireRack doesn't have any listed as yet but presumably come Fall will do so. I too have had a positive experience with them on a number of occasions.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Huey52; 04-11-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

What Huey said.....agreed.

For sure get dedicated winter tires and 18" rims. I ended up negotiating a decent price directly with Audi on their rims with Dunlop's. I would have preferred to go through TireRack, but they didn't have the new TT measured up yet, and I was concerned with offsets. Audi rims more expensive, but they looked pretty cool.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. I've always liked Michelin and hope I can find some reasonably priced.

Good point about the 18 inch rims. I went with a 19 inch diameter on the new vehicle – probably just because I thought they looked more sporty. In reading some reviews though, I'm thinking that might not have been a good idea – given ride properties, etc.

BTW, I went to Oswego for undergrad work anlong time ago – so I'm also no stranger to snow. Brother went to Canton, so I've been to your neck of the woods – nice area.

Thanks again.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, Saab. Do you by any chance recall what the decent price was?
Old 04-11-2016, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The 19" definitely look nicer, and I think in "auto" mode feel just right, and given summer performance tires handle a bit better in warmer weather, but for winter (anytime below 45 degF) the 18's are the way to go.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Huey52; 04-11-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Wait Times for a 2016 TT & "Owner-in-Waiting" Program