TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Wait Times for a 2016 TT & "Owner-in-Waiting" Program

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I do find myself using the paddles and S mode more on my TTS than on my 13 S5. The TTS being smaller /lighter has a higher fun factor for me vs the S5. The Turbo 4 also responds well to short bursts of speed where the supercharged v6 was responsive but resulted in a longer/ higher speed pull.

Ed
Old 04-25-2016, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by docjll
Anyone know if it comes with floor mats? I have preordered a set of "winter" mats and locking lug nuts, but it occured to me that it might not come with "regular" floor mats (although my A6 did). Also, how often do you use the paddle shift? This will be the first "non stick", automatic transmission that I've driven in a long time. Not sure how I will like it.
The TT does come with regular floor mats, but I immediately pulled them out and used the Audi winter mats, much better.

I'm 57 and have never owned an auto transmission car for my daily driver.....my wife switched to auto's about 23 years ago.....I wish the TT came as a standard but have caved in to the inevitable death of standards. I only use the paddle shifters for fun on back roads, rarely in traffic. You will see opinions back and forth on this subject.....in my opinion, standards are way more fun because you feel one with the car, but I admit the auto is more efficient if that's what you're into. There's no doubt I can get better mileage when using the automatic, in "auto" drive select mode.....keeps the engine at lower rpm's.

Good luck with your delivery, I'm sure you're beyond excited at the moment.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I love having paddles. I can't believe anyone would want to use a clutch and gear shift anymore.
I didn't get the winter mats with my car, but I recall seeing one at the dealer and could have sworn it had the regular mats in the trunk.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

i3adSaab, your message overlapped with mine.
I have driven stick for decades, but with the increased traffic, and few open roads that aren't patrolled by unmarked vehicles, I can't see any benefit of using a manual transmission anymore.-Especially, if you are talking about a racing clutch. Ouch!
Old 04-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by docjll
Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of typical wait times for ordering a new TT (with delivery to upstate NY). I ordered mine in January of 2016, so it has been about 3 months now. I have heard that there is a "owner-in-waiting" program, but I have received no emails as to status. My dealer reports that the car is "in transit", but can't determine a delivery date and doesn't know why I haven't received any emails as to its production status.
I ordered my TTS beginning of March. My dealer tells me "Your vehicle is scheduled to leave Europe on April 28th, it is now scheduled to arrive at the port of Halifax on May 9th. You should be driving it by the end of May."

I'm in Toronto & not only waiting for my TTS but for the weather to warm up. With a little luck both will coincide 😄
Old 04-25-2016, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mickster
I ordered my TTS beginning of March. My dealer tells me "Your vehicle is scheduled to leave Europe on April 28th, it is now scheduled to arrive at the port of Halifax on May 9th. You should be driving it by the end of May."

I'm in Toronto & not only waiting for my TTS but for the weather to warm up. With a little luck both will coincide 😄
Me too! I think I'll be early June! (also in GTA)
Old 04-26-2016, 07:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Fun101
Me too! I think I'll be early June! (also in GTA)
Excellent Fun101! I see you've opted for the TTS in Sepang Blue. Nice choice and probably my second. We should get together for a photo op sometime after we take possession. Perhaps down by the lake near Polson Pier with TO in the background. Make a heck of a photo - brand spanking new Nano Gray & Sepang Blue TTS's side-by-side!

mick
Old 04-26-2016, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mickster
Excellent Fun101! I see you've opted for the TTS in Sepang Blue. Nice choice and probably my second. We should get together for a photo op sometime after we take possession. Perhaps down by the lake near Polson Pier with TO in the background. Make a heck of a photo - brand spanking new Nano Gray & Sepang Blue TTS's side-by-side!

mick
YES definitely! I'm up for that. "NAS_Toronto" on this forum might also be purchasing fairly soon. Let's keep each other posted.