TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Website vs Order Guide Surprises

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Website vs Order Guide Surprises

So now that the new order configurator is (Finally) up on the Audi website, I noticed a couple things...

1 - On the order guide there was no option for 20 inch wheels. However on the website configurator you can option the car with much nicer looking 20 inch wheels. I asked my sales guy and he said their system doesn't show any option for 20 inch wheels. He has to ask the Audi rep to make sure he can adjust my order.

Name:  Screen%20Shot%202015-07-04%20at%2012.56.35%20PM_zpsf7wbazxl.png
Views: 92
Size:  440.8 KB

2 - I guess I didn't realize but our car only has the option for the LED headlights, no option for the upgraded Matrix Headlights.

The blokes in the UK have these options:
Name:  headlights_zpsidubebzp.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  19.1 KB

I mistakenly thought we were getting the Matrix headlights:
Name:  Screen%20Shot%202015-07-04%20at%2012.45.07%20PM_zpshgvcjxuw.png
Views: 121
Size:  499.2 KB

But now with the configurator up I realized I mistook the "Matrix" for the "LED" lights.
Name:  Screen%20Shot%202015-07-04%20at%2012.45.12%20PM_zps3lkc5nll.png
Views: 95
Size:  440.5 KB

My bad I guess on #2, but I am kind of bummed about that. That is the problem with ordering off a sheet of paper.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I believe NHTSA still hasn't approved the matrix lights for the US:-(. Not sure if anything has changed and what timeline would be for that.

My guess is that the order guide is probably more accurate.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Yes, that is the general conjecture regarding the Matrix LED lights.

We also don't get the self-parking system that is available in some markets, notably Dubai.

Presumably US legislation not keeping pace and/or risk averse litigators.

Actually, the dealer system also has some subtle differences from the order guide and configurator, e.g. there was no discrete charge for B&O audio in the TTS. -edit: Was just reminded no separate charge for Audi Connect either.

I didn't inquire about 20" wheels as 19" are as large as I dare go in my area (short tire sidewall) and I prefer the blade design. I'll run 18" in Winter.

Originally Posted by Lucien4
I believe NHTSA still hasn't approved the matrix lights for the US:-(. Not sure if anything has changed and what timeline would be for that.

My guess is that the order guide is probably more accurate.

Last edited by Huey52; 07-06-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

3 - extended leather is only available on the design package (easy to miss). This makes the center console side leather the same color as your seat and the door armrests + speaker grill
Old 07-09-2015, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@100Daily, did your dealer confirm availability of the 20s in the US. Waiting on same info for Canada. The standard TTS wheels expected for Canada are not my favorite.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Im not mad at Audi...Im just really disappointed in them. (Feel that guilt AofA?) Looking at the configurator on AofA's website for the new TT I am really, no EXTREMELY, disappointed to see that they have once again given Americans the shaft when it comes to options. Where is the Active Lane Assist, Highbeam Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Matrix Headlights, Park Assist or even FRONT PARKING SENSORS for damn sake! Some of these features you can spec on a domestic 17K dollar hatchback. What Audi did is just sad and they need to fire the financial analyst responsible for castrating what could be an amazingly equipped car. /Rant
Old 07-10-2015, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

As far as I know there is no adaptive cruise control on any TT anywhere?

You can definitely get front parking sensors with the tech package: "Parking system plus (front / rear acoustic sensors)"

I agree that half that stuff should be standard by now. I'm especially disappointed there's no emergency braking included like so many cars at least have as an option at least these days.

Over in Europe people are even more upset because half (or more!) of the stuff we get included in the base model are all options for them (for lots of $)
Old 07-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mrclopec
Im not mad at Audi...Im just really disappointed in them. (Feel that guilt AofA?) Looking at the configurator on AofA's website for the new TT I am really, no EXTREMELY, disappointed to see that they have once again given Americans the shaft when it comes to options. Where is the Active Lane Assist, Highbeam Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Matrix Headlights, Park Assist or even FRONT PARKING SENSORS for damn sake! Some of these features you can spec on a domestic 17K dollar hatchback. What Audi did is just sad and they need to fire the financial analyst responsible for castrating what could be an amazingly equipped car. /Rant
I agree 100% - a real shame as part of larger trend, as I've seen this happen with other Audi models as well -- Europe and even countries like Australia get the nice tech options, and North America gets the shaft.

Front parking sensors are included though. Whoo hoo.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by visuar
As far as I know there is no adaptive cruise control on any TT anywhere?
Exactly. It should have it. Its the MQB platform and it can be spec'd on an A3 or a Euro Golf.

As far as the UK getting nickel and dime'd over every option, I'd rather have the luxury of building our vehicles EXACTLY the way we want them rather than all of the package BS. But thats just my opinion...
Old 07-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by headcase
I agree 100% - a real shame as part of larger trend, as I've seen this happen with other Audi models as well -- Europe and even countries like Australia get the nice tech options, and North America gets the shaft.

Front parking sensors are included though. Whoo hoo.
I know, I saw that one. Its just stupid that the car comes with the rear sensors but if you want the front ones too then you will have to upgrade. Good thing they don't give you the back wheels but make you purchase the front ones in a separate package as well :-P I'm still amazed that a 62K S4 doesn't even have the option for front sensors. Theres no excuse for that.

Quick Reply: Website vs Order Guide Surprises