TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Whats everyone paying

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $5K premium???

Originally Posted by josh Prieur
Checking pricing now (considering buying) and one dealership in the Dallas area is putting a '5k premium' over MSRP on the 2 they have.

But they were nice enough to give me $500 off of that 5k premium with the Audi loyalty bonus since we have other Audis. How considerate! Needless to say I will not be buying from them at all, not for this TT or any other Audi. I can relate with paying MSRP with the slow rollout/supply of the TT for the first few months - but I don't play the additional premium game.
I'd like to know what that dealer is smoking. There is no way that this car should be demanding a premium.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Check with Audi USA

Checking pricing now (considering buying) and one dealership in the Dallas area is putting a '5k premium' over MSRP on the 2 they have.

But they were nice enough to give me $500 off of that 5k premium with the Audi loyalty bonus since we have other Audis. How considerate! Needless to say I will not be buying from them at all, not for this TT or any other Audi. I can relate with paying MSRP with the slow rollout/supply of the TT for the first few months - but I don't play the additional premium game.
I thought that Audi USA policy prohibited dealers from charging more than MSRP.

Audi Henderson NV is getting a white TT roadster in a few days that has not been sold yet and I know it will be MSRP or less.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
I thought that Audi USA policy prohibited dealers from charging more than MSRP.

Audi Henderson NV is getting a white TT roadster in a few days that has not been sold yet and I know it will be MSRP or less.
Odds are Audi Hendo will only sell it at MSRP for out of state buyers. Especially a new product.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

no discount of any kind for me. ordered TT and added florett silver paint, B&O, leather, and 19" rims. i think it comes out to around 48.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Agree

Originally Posted by SinCiTTy
Odds are Audi Hendo will only sell it at MSRP for out of state buyers. Especially a new product.
Given they only have one, they have no incentive to discount to anyone. Still better than MSRP + $5K
Old 08-07-2015, 07:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
Given they only have one, they have no incentive to discount to anyone. Still better than MSRP + $5K
Situation on cost could be getting better. Dealers here in SoCal are showing as many as 6-7 arriving in the near future. Will be interesting to watch. Visuar pointed out to me that three of the dealers have incoming Tango Red roadsters...love this part!
Old 08-07-2015, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I reached out to a few dealers in the area (DFW), and other than the one that quoted me the 5k premium, all of them have since come back to me (after offering MSRP only) inquiring to my target price. Granted, doesn't mean they will go much below MSRP, and its been only a week, but not a single TT in the area (of the 10 that are in stock) have been sold as far as I can tell from dealer websites. Granted they don't always update the website quickly upon sale - but I just don't see these things flying off the shelf, has never been a big seller.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

its been only a week, but not a single TT in the area (of the 10 that are in stock) have been sold as far as I can tell from dealer websites.
There's also been essentially _zero_ marketing done by Audi USA, not even any brochures sent to the dealers. Tough to sell something that very few potential customers know about.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by n828cl
There's also been essentially _zero_ marketing done by Audi USA, not even any brochures sent to the dealers. Tough to sell something that very few potential customers know about.
No doubt there, though with the paltry number of allocations that are for the US I am wondering if they will step up their marketing at all from the previous gen which was basically nothing.

The same dealer that is trying to push to me at the 5k premium came in with a 36/12 lease rate of almost 1200/month. I find this funny considering they share grounds with a Porsche Dealership, who would be happy to offer a 911 for the same price and terms. I like the TT, but its not 911. Hell, 1200 a month is damn near S8 lease pricing. Clearly they think they have something they do not.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by n828cl
See Audi's Facebook feed. Every day for a week its been nothing but TT.

I negotiated 6% off MSRP (with no ACNA membership). Plus loyalty discount.