Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clicking noise HELP!!!!

Old 09-01-2016, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking noise HELP!!!!

Hi all,
I'm new here and have just bought my first Audi after many years of lusting.
It's a 2001 A4 3.0 Quattro sport.
Beautiful car, tiptronic and all seems ok. The only thing is an extremely irritating noise and I'll do my best to describe it, as searching the web has only let me know others have had this problem, but no solution.
The noise is coming from the ignition/footwell/bonnet lever area just above my right knee. (UK) it's almost certainly of an electrical nature and sounds like a switch clicking on and off over and over again. Almost like a sensor which can't quite make its mind up. It's only happens when the engine is running, even at stand still, whilst driving, accelerating, braking and have tried turning the air con off, on, hot and cold. It will click away about 8 times and then stop, only to resume randomly every 10secs or so. It sounds like there are two different clicks, like one on and one off in short succession. This is driving me mad, especially as I have just bought the car and paranoia kicks in. I'm guessing it's nothing major but oh my me is it annoying. Thankyou so much for anyone who takes the time to help.
Kind regards,
Oliver