Sponsored by:

Adaptation Error

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptation Error

All,

I received by Ross-Tech HEX+CAN+USB cable from Ross-Tech and have been looking forward to doing a few of the better mods.

I have the newest version of the VCDS (11.11.5), and I've been able to make changes to some modules. The problem is that on some of the changes, I get the attached error when I hit "Do it".

I see in the manual that it says to simply let the software right the default values and the revision will then be able to be stored. I've just been hitting cancel as I'm hesitant this is what I really should do. Anyone have any reassurance to offer? I can call Ross-Tech tomorrow, but they are closed on the weekends.

I guess I'm really just looking for confirmation that I should go ahead and "press the button".

Thanks,
Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2013, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did you go through and setup the program options? Must be done prior to first use.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/option_screen.html

Edit: Re-reading I see you've made some changes already so you must have already setup the option screen. I'll look at mine and see if I can spot anything.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hawk12
Did you go through and setup the program options? Must be done prior to first use.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/option_screen.html

Edit: Re-reading I see you've made some changes already so you must have already setup the option screen. I'll look at mine and see if I can spot anything.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just to let everyone know. I got a quick response from Ross-Tech support, and the answer to the question is yes. You just click yes to accept the default values. Better to have asked them to make sure, then to make a mistake.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Got all of my mods done via the VAG-COM, and I love them. The best ones are the needle sweep, and the DRL's staying on with the turn signal. Much better. I stopped short of enabling VIM as I have a friend that rides with me all the time that doesn't feel comfortable with this working.

I'm still looking for other items to do, but I would encourage anyone wondering whether to buy a Ross-Tech cable to go ahead. Fun to play with!