VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjust steering weight of non-sport 2015 A3 via VCDS/Vag-com?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjust steering weight of non-sport 2015 A3 via VCDS/Vag-com?

I just had a few simple questions. I have a 2015 Audi A3 and overall I love the car, but the steering is a bit too light in my opinion. Since it's fully electronic, can I change the steering weight via VCDS / Vag-com? I didn't get the sport package, so I don't have the ADS feature. I'm assuming since its likely just software based, I can probably adjust it via VCDS? Correct?

Anyone tried this yet?

Lastly, this is likely a silly question, but I'm new to VCDS/VAG-COM; can changes made via VAG-COM be tracked by local dealerships when I bring the car in for service? Is this something that will cause a "TD1" flag, or other such warranty denial cases? Will changing the settings back to factory spec before service make it harder/impossible to track? Has anyone actually had a warranty claim denied for making VAG-COM tweaks? I did a bit of searching, but didn't find any definitive answers; I apologize if this has been asked and answered previously.

Please excuse my noob-ness to the Audi community/VAG-COM. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-Brandon
Old 12-15-2014, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you found any info on this? I think you posted this on vortex, but didn't see a conclusion. I'm renting a vag-com and would love to increase the weight as well.