Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 (C5) VCDS - Everything That I know

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 12:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A6 (C5) VCDS - Everything That I know

Kind of disappointing. The a6 C5 does have the ability to change the software code for every control module that VCDS can communicate with. But for some odd reason, I have never seen a forum that talks specifically about the C5 codes. Everything that I've gathered and tested have been from other models, and wrote down what work and what didn't.

I haven't collected every single possibility, but I was hoping this thread could turn into a C5 information page where everyone can contribute their findings.

Alright, so I drive the A6 Quattro, 4.2L V8. The year it was made was 2000, and the control modules I'm able to communicate with are:

Engine Control Module (ECU), ABS, Automatic Transmission (TCM), Airbags (didn't want to mess with this one too much), Auto HVAC, Interior Monitor, Xenon Range, Radio, Seat Memory, Instruments, Steering Wheel, and Central Locks.

To start with, I know not everyone here is going to have the same options/codes/modules etc. as me. Instead, I'll post below what I was hoping to achieve.

P.S., I was hoping someone with the same (or the same engine) as mine, could post their normal values on their measuring blocks for ECU and TCM? Always kinda bugged me that programs show you the numbers, but never told me the values I SHOULD be seeing. Blocks 1-20 should suffice and it'd be much appreciated.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Transmission Control Module: Stock Software Coding - 00002. Changed to 00012. Did this to turn off the "adaptive learning" the transmission does. Previous owner used his brakes a lot heavier than I do, as a result the downshifts happened a little too early. Doesn't happen anymore.

Central Lock is pretty much the most fun I had with transmission codes. Before the change, car beeped when locked, and lights flashed. Pretty boring. I was able to change the software code so my window control worked with a remote, 1 touch unlock of all 4 doors, no horn when alarming, lights still flashed, and the doors automatically locked once the car accelerated to 15 mph. Here's how:
Old 10-26-2015, 01:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Old 10-26-2015, 01:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyway, I'll just have that be my last post on this thread. If anyone wants to contribute, feel free! Just don't forget to put your car model and year please. If requested, I can always add more to this. But no need to if no one reads this or if no one is interested in it haha.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

does this only work on us audi or will it work on european a6 to, how it that possible to find out, have a 2000 a6 2,5 tdi quattro that is more common or the 1,9 tdi is the winner, its allmost everywhere to see araound.because in this part of the world of the prize of gasolin is over the horizon
Old 10-28-2015, 11:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audi-1norway
does this only work on us audi or will it work on european a6 to, how it that possible to find out, have a 2000 a6 2,5 tdi quattro that is more common or the 1,9 tdi is the winner, its allmost everywhere to see araound.because in this part of the world of the prize of gasolin is over the horizon
It will work on yours too, just a different code. Pull up your code that you have right now and do the equations. For example, if you pulled up your code and it was 00001, and you want to do the auto lock feature. It says add +32 to your current code. So now your code should be 00033. Then lets say you want to add unlock all doors with one push. It says -04. So now your code is 00029. See what I'm saying?
Old 10-29-2015, 12:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by maelove
It will work on yours too, just a different code. Pull up your code that you have right now and do the equations. For example, if you pulled up your code and it was 00001, and you want to do the auto lock feature. It says add +32 to your current code. So now your code should be 00033. Then lets say you want to add unlock all doors with one push. It says -04. So now your code is 00029. See what I'm saying?
right now iam stucked with my head inside my allroad, i will respond soon, thanks so much for reply, i have 3 audi a4 1,9 tdi, a6 2,5 tdi quattro and a6 allroad 1 ford mondeo tdci ghia one gm opel astra gm surburban 3500 v8 :-=)) so i have a ton of work we talk more later sure,
Old 05-23-2019, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default hello

I realize this is a old post however, is it worth a shot. My car 2000 A6 4.2L C5. I am trying to reprogram a new to me ABS control module. I need login code and Work shop code, I have the other 6399 for options on my car. I can share all other info that I have.
Thanks
jakster
Old 07-23-2019, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by maelove
for some odd reason, I have never seen a forum that talks specifically about the C5 codes.
Old post but STILL true, sadly.

Does anyone know how to code out the SAI on the C5? VCDS absolutely has a coding option in the current version but nobody seems to have ever tried it or figured it out, it seems.

But, if VCDS is weirdly NOT an option... what software does a tune shop need to have? Someone? Anyone? Thanks!
Old 12-22-2019, 09:04 AM
The Transporter

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone still watching this thread? I hooked up VCDS (v12 I believe? Works fine w/ my D3 2004 A8L) to a 2003 A6 and I tried a few computers - can't remember which, but I do recall trying the engine module - and got no response. I see in the OP post he said the engine worked. Is there anything I should be doing to ensure my cable+software works (somewhat) w/ this vehicle?

Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
clintonjthomas68 (01-21-2023)