Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A friend in need of help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A friend in need of help!

Hey Audi world, I'm new to this thread and in need of technical assistance. I bought a 2007 Audi S8 5.2 . I am having problems with the drive by wire system. Honestly this car has been a absolute nightmare! I've owned it for about a year and a half and have been able to drive it for about 7-8k miles. Nearly the entire time it's been in the shop. I had all the cam chains/tensioners replaced. One head was removed, a valve has been replaced, both cams on passenger side has been replaced, complete intake manifold replaced with throttle flap controls, injectors, coil packs etc. NEVER BUY A CAR FROM TEXAS!!!. I'm from California I did all my due diligence had the car taken to DFW AUDI of EULESS TEXAS to have pre purchase inspection done. AUDI said the car checked out just needed a new serpentine belt and TPMS monitors. Bought the car had it shipped out to me. Turns out the dealer LIGHTNING MOTORSPORTS place a piece of black tape over the check engine light. DFW AUDI'S position was "well it's just our oppinion" AUDI of America said "We only hold our dealers responsible for warranty work "LIGHTNING MOTORSPORTS said " you had it checked out at a shop of your choice". The state of Texas says if you buy it it's your problem. I have been VW/ for life this is my seventh AUDI. I almost lost faith and moved on to another brand AUDI does not help you when you need it even if you have done a ton of business with them! Repairs have cost over 25k so far and I still can't drive it!

Sorry for the rant guys but this has been really hard on me.

For the most part the car at times runs perfect now. However an electrical gremlin has appeared, actually this is one problem that never came up until the took the engine out twice!

So what happens is the car goes into limp mode and bairly moves down the road. Griffin Motorwerk did all the repairs after taking it to multiple dealers and all of them misdiagnosed the car. In all fairness someone went in and tried to allign the cams with a set of vice grips hiding a front end collision which led to one head being replaced. There's no way anyone could have called it front the outside of the engine. Codes were camshaft correlation fault.

After all the work was completed 8 months later this problem arises. P3028 implausible signal sensor 2. Sometimes I get p3029 or p3025. I have replaced both throttle body's which made the problem disappear for a few thousand miles. Next came the code for the gas pedal which I have replaced. Had it learned in. For a while it would take about 50-100 miles for the limp mode to come back on but now even if you clear the code it instantly comes back as soon as you start the car. Any suggestion on which way to go from here. I've been reading thoughout the web have end had much luck. HELP PLEASE!!!
Old 07-23-2016, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

You'll probably have better luck posting this in the A8/S8 D3 forum.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.