Jukebox Import of Audio CD

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jukebox Import of Audio CD

Hello,
I posted this in the Audio forum with no luck. Maybe someone here can help

I'm trying to enable my MMI to be able to import an audio CD.
The car is a 2013 Q5 with NAV and AMI and B&O Audio
I've enabled the hidden menu using VDCS and then followed Diagnose, Settings, Mediaimport
but instead of the 4/4 setting that other threads talk about, I just see 2 checkboxes - one for Copy and one for Ripping. Both are already checked.
I still can not import Audio CDs to the Jukebox. The CD selection is grayed out when an audio CD is in the slot.

Can anyone help?

Colin
Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I, too, am trying to do this import. The funny thing is, the MMI manual says it can import a cd. No need to tinker with setting. It just won't do it.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Willowdog
I, too, am trying to do this import. The funny thing is, the MMI manual says it can import a cd. No need to tinker with setting. It just won't do it.
Yes, but I think the manual is talking about MP3 CD, not "audio" CD.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by verrilli
Yes, but I think the manual is talking about MP3 CD, not "audio" CD.
Hmm, the odd thing is that the manual talks about the sampling rate being 256. Why would it resample then? Odd, very odd. I don't disagree with you but it does seem strange.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just took my RS5 to the service department yesterday and they can't figure it out either. I have a Bose audio system at home with a hard drive. You just load the audio CD's in the slot and you're good to go. Why should the car be any different?
The following users liked this post:
imjnla (02-25-2020)
Old 02-06-2013, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been trying to import a CD directly into the jukebox of my new RS5 for the last several days with absolutely no luck. I even took it back to the service department, and they couldn't get it to load.
I just got done importing one album off of a SD card into the jukebox. Now its allowing me to import other CD's directly into the jukebox. It appears that if the jukebox is completely empty you can't import directly off of a CD, but if there is one song on the hard drive you can. Anyone have any idea why that is?
The following users liked this post:
imjnla (02-25-2020)
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Gibber
I just got done importing one album off of a SD card into the jukebox. Now its allowing me to import other CD's directly into the jukebox. It appears that if the jukebox is completely empty you can't import directly off of a CD, but if there is one song on the hard drive you can.
Hum, that didn't work for me. Did you do something else that might have enabled it?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Importing CD

Originally Posted by verrilli
Hum, that didn't work for me. Did you do something else that might have enabled it?
This discussion seems odd. I just picked up my 2013 S5 Cab, with Nav plus. I don't have the B&O and i was just fooling around and imported a CD. It is NOT an mp3 CD but a CD I burned with Nero from MP3 files. It plays in CD player. I just inserted the CD - hit the media button and then the import option (I think in the upper right hand corner). I then got a screen asking if I want to import all or individual. I choose all and the entire cd loaded into the jukebox.

This gave me hope that I would be able to load directly from my ipod. I do not have AMI, so there is no control of the ipod thru the MMI. It does not work as the import feature only recognizes any SD cards I have inserted or CD's
Old 07-06-2014, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Importing CD into juke box.

I ve been reading a thread conjectures as to media types, copy rights, etc... We just purchased two AUDI A8L cars built identically, both with B&O 2014 - delivered one month apart. One of them imports commercial music cd's with no problem. The other has the option grayed out. The car obviously can do it and is supposed to. Something must be set incorrectly. I'd like to try the hidden menu idea I've read, but the 2014 model doesn't have the button selection options suggested. I.E. Press car+setup there is no setup button. Does anyone have the new combo for selecting a hidden menu? Any idea why one car would import without any issue and the other identical one doesn't.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sjgiust
Does anyone have the new combo for selecting a hidden menu?
I believe it's Menu + Car and this thread corroborates that.

Originally Posted by Sjgiust
Any idea why one car would import without any issue and the other identical one doesn't.
Probably just a difference in SVM when it was built.

Congratulations on the A8s - come join us in the D4 forum

Quick Reply: Jukebox Import of Audio CD