Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Musical VAG-COM serial numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Musical VAG-COM serial numbers

I'm sure everyone is sick to death of discussing VAG-COM activation. Sorry. I didn't find this in a search.

Recently discovered my software (way old school with ISO-COM from before my car was elderly) has become unregistered. Filled out the form and was sent a new activation code. Did not work. "Activation code does not match serial number". Then noticed my serial number had changed and changed again each time I tried the activation code. So I stopped messing with it. Rebooted and restarted program. SN seemed to stay the same. Now a day later, I open the program and the serial number has changed again. My chances of re-activating are not looking good.

The program was registered when I used it last year on the same computer. I haven't replaced or formated the hard drive. Any ideas what could cause this?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Default Read this:

<ul><li><a href="http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/faq_5.html#5.3">http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/faq_5.html#5.3</a</li></ul>
Old 07-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Trend Micro vs. VAG-COM...

...and the winner is Trend Micro. Knocks out VAG-COM every time. "Trend Micro Internet Security 2008" always seems to quarantine two particular registry entries. It says they are "HackingTools_Cain". I tried to tell the security program that I was cool with leaving those alone but it wiped them every time. And VAG-COM got a new SN every time, too. Restoring the quarantined files just made the VAG-COM SN change again. I went back to an older version "Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006" and my VAG-COM SN has stabilized.

Once a new activation arrives, I expect to be back in business. Plus, the older security program was less flaky. So hopefully this ends in a win-win.