Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with central locking recode gone wrong

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with central locking recode gone wrong

I recoded the central locking on my wife's C5 S6 to have windows up/down with the remote keys (+64) and I turned off the auto lock at 15mph (-32.) It worked great for a few days, but the horn honk when arming alarm was turned off. I recoded it again to turn the lock beep back on. After clicking "do it" I tried to roll the windows down with the key and they got 1/2 way down and stopped. Now the remote keys do nothing. They won't even lock/unlock the doors.

I tried recoding by pressing a button and locking the door w/ the key as stated in the manual but that didn't work. It did work one time but as soon as I held the button down to see if the windows would go up it stopped working completely again and I can't reprogram it.

I found a code in the central locking module for "key 2 adaptation limit exceeded" and a couple codes for the alarm being tripped by the interior sensor. I cleared these codes, but I still can't program the remote to work. I also tried switching the central locking code back to it's original setting (15930.) Everything changes back like it should, but the remotes don't work and I can't reprogram them.

Any help on what's going on?
Old 06-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Default Any chance the batteries in the remotes have died?

Holding the buttons to run the windows up/down is a lot harder on the batteries in the remotes than one-shot presses.

-Uwe-
Old 06-24-2008, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I thought about that, but haven't checked yet. That would be quite a coincidence
Old 06-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Default Not necessarily a coincidence.

Without windows up/down, you just click the button. This loads the battery for a very short time. With windows up/down, you're holding the button down. This loads the battery for an order of magnitude longer than just clicking it, and I could doing that for a bit might kill an old battery.

Now I'm not saying that's definitely it, but new batteries are cheap and readily available at Radio Shack. So I'd certainly try one, and then try re-synching the remote (procedure for that should be in your owner's manual.

-Uwe-
Old 06-29-2008, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default New batteries fixed it. Thanks for the tip.

I only put the windows up/down a couple times before the batteries gave it up. The coincidence had me chasing my tail thinking it was a VAG-COM issue that I coded something wrong, but an easy fix none the less!