VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD2 Code - P053F - PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD2 Code - P053F - PLEASE HELP!

I probably posted this in the wrong section as I never use forums, but I am desperate and did not know where else to post this.

I have a 2011 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0L Turbo 4cyl (not sure how much of that information you needed to assist.) Recently it has been having issues. It seemed to cold start a little rough and I never made it a mile without it jerking/decelerating. I would pull over/put it in park when it began doing this and the car would die. After dying, it refused to start again. The following day I started it and I was able to drive it with NO complications. Fast forward a week and the same issue happened, only this time I was not able to start it again. We purchased an OBD2 scanner and the code it gave us is P053F. Unfortunately, the only thing we can find pertaining to this code is "cold start fuel pressure performance." I haven't been able to find any solutions to this problem and I don't even know where to begin.

Has anyone ever received this code and/or have any solutions to this particular issue? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:00 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Have you called a dealer, or experienced shop?
Old 04-26-2015, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Have not called the dealership. We've had multiple encounters with them and they were more of a problem than a help, so we are trying to avoid that route as long as possible. I'm not familiar with any of the shops around us and am not sure which of them are reputable. Considering my car is not having this problem consistently, it would he hard to take it anywhere to be diagnosed or fixed. Sometimes it happens once a week or twice a day, and other times I can go a full month before it acts up again. When it does happen, I'm not even able to make it up to the corner store, let alone a shop. :-/
Old 04-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I haven't found a ton about this error either, so I can't help much.. What area of the world are you located in? Surely there is another dealer relatively near you can contact?

This is most likely some kind of sensor issue, but which sensor I do not know.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am in Missouri (U.S.) My car will not throw any codes UNLESS it's during one of its "episodes." Other than the above description, I don't know how else to describe it to a dealer and/or shop. I was hoping to avoid the "its either part a, part b or part c" conversation with a dealer and then have to throw money around and fix multiple non-issue parts. Thought I'd try here first, but looks like it may be what I have to do regardless. I appreciated your time! If you happen to come across/hear/discover what it could be, please let me know!
Old 08-19-2019, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mreynolds1390
I am in Missouri (U.S.) My car will not throw any codes UNLESS it's during one of its "episodes." Other than the above description, I don't know how else to describe it to a dealer and/or shop. I was hoping to avoid the "its either part a, part b or part c" conversation with a dealer and then have to throw money around and fix multiple non-issue parts. Thought I'd try here first, but looks like it may be what I have to do regardless. I appreciated your time! If you happen to come across/hear/discover what it could be, please let me know!
Hi there,
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? My A4 is throwing the same code.
Thanks