VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Since Vag-Com pulls info like boost, there should be a way to convert this and other info into on...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Since Vag-Com pulls info like boost, there should be a way to convert this and other info into on...

screen guages. I have a tricked out on board PC with touch screen built into my car, and it would be cool to run these guages in the dash. Vag Scope is cool, but it is not as easy to read as a PSI style round boost/vaccum guage. I just spoke with Andy, and he said that no such program was in the works, but that anyone out there with programing experiance may be able to modify vag scope to perform such a task. Anyone want to give it a try? Ross-Tech want to give it a shot? It shouldn't be all that hard since the program is already recieving the info. It would just be a matter of displaying it differently. I know another company has something like this comming out soon, but most of us already have the Vag-Com, so it would be cool to have this feature with it.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:26 PM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Default The source code for VAG-Scope is available on our webite

Personally, I don't see the point in having virtual guages. For diagnostic purposes, they do nothing for you that graphs don't do better.

But if someone wants to make virtual gauges, it should be relatively straightforward. The source code for VAG-Scope shows exactly how to get the data from VAG-COM in real time. One could rip out the existing graphs and replace them with gauges, or write a new gauge package from scratch in practically any programming language -- even VB or Java! :-)<ul><li><a href="http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-scope/downloads.html">VAG-Scope Download Page (scroll down for the source code)</a></li></ul>
Old 05-19-2003, 07:29 PM

Default It's not for diag purposes, but for monitering boost levels during everyday driving. C'mon Uwe, hook

it up. Lets see it in PSI guage form.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Change the graphic display subroutine to display a set of gauges?

I have no idea how to do this. Do you have any starting points, or suggestions here?

Someone must make a shareware/freeware software module that is parameterizable and takes simple numeric input then displays it in gauge form...

If you have any ideas of where to look Uwe I'd appreciate it!