Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VAG-COM & Central Locking

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAG-COM & Central Locking

I just started using VAG-COM and I have an issue w/ my central locking ('01 A4 1.8T Q). I'm wondering what VAG-COM can tell me or what I should be looking for. Here's the rundown:

I cannot use the door switch while the car is on. It will lock all doors momentarily, but then they all immediately unlock right after they go down. VAG-COM reports no fault codes on the Central Lock System Controller.

Remote Fob - All functions work fine. Car locks on command & unlocks on command. Stays locked when using the remote. Panic feature works fine. No problems when using the remote at all. I have one remote, but VAG-COM shows a remote coded to positions 1 & 2.

Door Switch - Works fine while the car is turned off and no key is in the ignition. When a key is in the ignition and turned to the ON position (engine running or not running) then the lock button will lock the doors, but they all immediately unlock right after depressing the button and will not lock again unless the car is off.

Auto Lock at 15 MPH - Works fine so far. I just turned it on this morning. Stays locked while car is running.

It seems like something with the switch in the driver's side door or maybe with the control unit not reading signals from the switch. My other thought was that something is telling the car that a door is open somewhere (I believe that you cannot lock the doors with the switch if one is open, but you can lock them w/ the remote if one is open). The overhead light comes on and stays on for quite some time when using the door switch while the ignition is on (again - as if a door is open).

This morning I changed the coding via VAG-COM from the original of 16140 and added +64 for the windows up/down feature on the remote (works fine) and the +32 for the auto lock at 15 MPH. Coding is now at 16236. I wanted to test the 15MPH auto locking to see if that would affect (or be affected by) the other problem. It wasn't affected by it nor did it affect it as far as I can tell. Aside from activating the 15 MPH locking and windows, this re-coding has had no change on the locking issue w/ the switch.

Is there anything VAG-COM can tell me about the system or anything that I should be looking at to help narrow this down before I look at replacing parts? What tells the car that the doors are open or closed?
Old 06-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Default Measuring Block 001, Field 3

Should have 4 bits (0's or 1's).

Two of those bits (not sure whether it's the first two or the last two) should tell you the state of the lock switch on the driver's side. The other two should tell you the state of the lock switch on the passenger's side:

00 = not activated
01 = lock
10 = unlock
11 = not permissible

Field 2 should have 3 bits. One for the driver's door, one for the other 3 doors, one for the hood.

1 = open
0 = closed

This is all covered in the Bentley..

-Uwe-
Old 06-08-2006, 05:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Checked all fields and it appears that the car sees everything

I get an indication when doors, trunk, hood are open or shut and it also registers the lock control switch in both positions. Maybe my control unit is hosed.