VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VCDS log ... could use help deciphering please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default VCDS log ... could use help deciphering please!

Hi all. I've attached my log file and could use some help. I have weird notchy steering issues that continue to be "problem not found" kind of discussion with my service mgr. I was doing some tweaks last nite and decided to do a full scan. I've never seen something like this before. Mentions of faults, unlicensed, limited functionality due to other faulty modules. I also see a recurring date 1.10.17 and time that the car was at dealer. Did they do a scan? If so, they must think all of this no problem?

Appreciate any input from the experts here!
Attached Files
Old 01-26-2017, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

KT88,

Two comments (1) as a registered VCDS user, take advantage of the Ross-Tech site and post your autoscan there in the Repair Forum and see if you can get Uwe Ross or another of the Ross support techs to weigh in on the scan output. (2) You are running VCDS 17.1.0.0. As I recall, there were some odd license-related issues with that release. I suggest you download the latest VCDS release, which I understand corrected those issues. As of this morning, the current VCDS release is 17.1.2.

Best,
Old 01-26-2017, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks! I just updated a few weeks ago, but I should do so again then re-run the scan. If it still has faults, the repair forum a good point. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by WuMu-tien
KT88,

Two comments (1) as a registered VCDS user, take advantage of the Ross-Tech site and post your autoscan there in the Repair Forum and see if you can get Uwe Ross or another of the Ross support techs to weigh in on the scan output. (2) You are running VCDS 17.1.0.0. As I recall, there were some odd license-related issues with that release. I suggest you download the latest VCDS release, which I understand corrected those issues. As of this morning, the current VCDS release is 17.1.2.

Best,