Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A8 '08 Audi A8L - $21k

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 11:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on Selling this BEAST!

Hey guys, so having a harder time selling this car than I had hoped. Obviously selling a 7 year old luxury car close to retail price is not going to happen overnight. Not sure if its the time of year, price, or what, but was hoping this group could offer some feedback on this listing.

Originally had it price slightly under retail at $21k, Figured I'd haggle on that price so dropped it to $19,750....

What is your feedback to help me sell this? Is it still the price? Do I need more or better photos? What about the description.

I need to sell this car as its eating up space in my driveway and my wallet.

Much appreciate any feedback.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Adamjruch
I'm the second owner of this low mileage (only 75k) Audi A8L Quattro sedan. Price Drop !!!

I've had it for the last four years and still get compliments on this heavily optioned vehicle. It's exclusively been a southern car, owned in Atlanta and with me in NC. Selling due to purchase of a new vehicle. Original MSRP of $85k and it shows.

First off, this car is loaded... Here are some of the options

Heated, cooled and massage front seats, heated rear seats, 18 way driver and passenger power seats. Power mirror, steering/tilt, power rear sunshade, power sunroof with auto lowering/rising wind breaker feature. Tire pressure monitoring system, adaptive air suspension (lower suspension from inside the vehicle), beautiful espresso valcona leather, navigation, sat radio, Bluetooth, memory seats, Bose surround sound stereo with 14 speakers, front and rear park assist, backup camera, Xenon headlights, 20in wheel upgrade and much more. Custom front grill from lltek motorsports, but have the original as well.

Brakes and tires are fairly new. All scheduled maintenance completed. I have all service records. This was certified pre-owned when I bought it and still has 10,000 miles of extended warranty left that is transferable. Lastly, while the title is clean its car fax will show a small fender bender over the front driver's side. I tapped someone in bumper-to-bumper traffic trying to get over a lane. I have all the records of what was done. Nothing major, just new front bumper/headlight

This car still turns heads and looks years younger than it actually is.
Here is the listing.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Hey guys, so having a harder time selling this car than I had hoped. Obviously selling a 7 year old luxury car close to retail price is not going to happen overnight. Not sure if its the time of year, price, or what, but was hoping this group could offer some feedback on this listing.

Originally had it price slightly under retail at $21k, Figured I'd haggle on that price so dropped it to $19,750....

What is your feedback to help me sell this? Is it still the price? Do I need more or better photos? What about the description.

I need to sell this car as its eating up space in my driveway and my wallet.

Much appreciate any feedback.
If you want advice, here you go:

1 - you are asking for retail price on a car which is 8 yrs old. Take a look at CL or autotrader and price it for sale.
2 - pictures...MORE pictures are needed, show us the details in the car, not just a single exterior shot, but give us multiple angles, interior, condition of seats, etc..
3 - detailed maintenance data - scan those records or simply state what maintenance specifically was done when, but DETAILS
4 - doubt you can do much about this, but you don't have much of a rep on the AW site, so people don't know how detailed/**** you are about maintenance...some of are OCD (I for one), while others are mehhh about maintenance and keeping a car running in perfect condition.

GLWS
Old 11-24-2015, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

1) Pictures, pictures, pictures.
2) That aftermarket grill is doing you no favors.
3) Price. You can pick up 08', S8's with your mileage starting at $23k asking price. And those are with the B&O system.

Last edited by 911 Crazy; 11-24-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Picture albums are also a pain. Post all pictures right on here. Lastly your pictures are a bit sub par. Some have a glare to them and others are not well lit. Look at other listings of SOLD vehicles and see how some of them were photographed.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks everybody. Going to try and take some fresh pictures (could be my older iphone), reprice, repost ,and drop the price slightly. I appreciate your honesty....its just hard when the car has been your baby and pride and joy to turn around and give it away.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks everybody. Going to try and take some fresh pictures (could be my older iphone), reprice, repost ,and drop the price slightly. I appreciate your honesty....its just hard when the car has been your baby and pride and joy to turn around and give it away.
As I'm sure many on this forum will attest, I have sold countless cars and like homes, it's virtually impossible to get what you think (and might know) your car is worth. Emotional sweat and babying mean NOTHING to potential buyers unless you have a rare collectible vehicle. I'm a real estate broker and my hardest job is conveying to seller's that buyer's could care less about the seller's story and memories of a particular property. It's all what the current market is nothing more. I have two vehicles currently on the market and feel your pain. Sucks for sure!!!
Old 11-25-2015, 07:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yea, makes sense...

What do you think this car is worth? everywhere I go online (KBB, Car gurus, says it sould be priced around/just over $20k. I didn't think I was delusional at $19,750, but certainly didn't think the dealership was right either when he offered me $15,500
Old 11-25-2015, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yea, makes sense...

What do you think this car is worth? everywhere I go online (KBB, Car gurus, says it sould be priced around/just over $20k. I didn't think I was delusional at $19,750, but certainly didn't think the dealership was right either when he offered me $15,500
That dealer is probably not far off. I've been comparing KBB, Edmonds and Car Gurus values to asking prices for S8's and have been finding a 10-25% lower asking price than the actual listed value. Found a S8 with a $40k value on KBB at an asking price of $31.9k last night! Not sure how the valuation sites are so far off of the real world prices. But I also find the same with Porsche values. Confusing for sellers but makes buyers seem to get a great deal. Is it Beer:30 yet???
Old 11-25-2015, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

You should put in on Autotrader and ask something between KBB and NADA, that's where I always sell my cars.

Quick Reply: Audi A8 '08 Audi A8L - $21k