Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Other 1991 200 20V Avant!

Old 03-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 200 20V Avant!

This is a great example of an amazing and unique automobile and my current daily driver! One thing to note first and formost is that this gauge cluster has been replace ( You get the original one with the sale, the odometer doesn't work though). I estimate the car has between 104-106k miles on it and have documentation to prove it. I have owned this car for 6 months and have been in contact with it off and on for almost two years now and it has never let me down! These cars are exceptionally cool and rare. The good news is, the parts aren't that rare though. This body style was common with Audi from the 80's and into the early 90's. What makes this model special is that it is the Wagon (avant in Audi terms) with the 20v, DOHC, 2.2 Liter, 220 HP inline 5 cylinder and the Quattro system with locking rear differential. That combination is what makes this car 1 out of only 150 imported into the United states!
Most everything works on the car except the two drivers side windows, gauge cluster (I have contacts who can have it rebuilt), sunroof (tilts but doesn't slide) and cruise control. The heated seats, original R-12 A/C system, door locks, alarm, defrost, power seats, power locks, mirrors, windsheild washers and wipers, turbo, boost gauge and info display, cigarette lighters, locking rear differential, radio and parking brake all work like a royal treat. Especially the Air conditioner, which blows absolutely frigid cold!

Car comes with almost all original paperwork and every receipt from everything I've personally done to the car. It also comes with its original Missouri plates for added charcter, the original BBS Wheels along with the ones on the car, original gauge cluster, almost all original documentation including window sticker, radio guide, security stickers, manual, all service documents/receipts from me, Audi advantage membership card and booklet, warranty booklet, leather case for manual, maintenance manual, owners guide and Audi dealership directory, a new wheel bearing in package for the passenger side, original ignition switch (broken but fixable), original tool kit, spare tire and jack, Full 3 volume official factory repair manuals (a $250 value in itself with 2000+ pages describing EVERYTHING about how to fix the car), a spare window motor (from the drivers door which needs to be rebuilt), spare gear oil (for transmission and rear end) and engine oil filter, crankshaft seal, 10 washers for oil drain plug and several spare nuts and bolts.

Here is what has been done to this Audi so far:

New windshield on 8/30/14
Full timing belt service (Timing belt, drive belts, water pump, belt idler, camshaft seal, valve cover gasket and full coolant flush) as well as new spark plugs and valve stem seals all on 9/3/14 at 204,302 miles
New drivers side wheel bearing on 12/05/14 at 206,260
All new turbo charge tubes from 034 motorsport on 9/11/14
New air filter on 8/09/14
Magnetic oil drain plug on 8/28/14
Clutch slave cylinder and full brake/ clutch system service on 12/12/14 at 206,505 miles
New battery and alternator on 10/18/13 and 10/19/13 respectively at 201,625
New Pioneer bluetooth radio on 2/7/15
Newer Roadstone all season tires from Les Schwab on 10/17/13 at 200,090 miles
New transmission and differential fluids on 1/29/15

Car is in good condition. Only issues are as follows. Speedometer and tachometer and odometer work, but none of the auxiliary gauges do. It needs a rebuild. Passenger front wheel bearing is slowly dying (part is provided). Needs new engine mounts in the near future. Has an oil leak out the front of the engine which is common. Shouldn't be a very difficult fix, but it hasn't ever gotten worse since i've owned it. bits of the headliner has some sag such as D-pillars and sunroof. Two drivers windows don't work. Sunroof tilts but won't go back. Car is as is, but as is is in good condition for age and miles. First picture shows the original BBS rims. The rims currently on the car are from an A6 and are in the rest of the pictures Also I forgot to include it has the original UFO disk brakes still

Car currently located in Utah.
I would like $4000 obo

Last edited by somekidwithanm4; 03-02-2015 at 08:24 PM.