Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi TT 2001 Audi Quattro TT (225 HP) Low Miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Audi Quattro TT (225 HP) Low Miles

Price reduced!

This car only has 125,000 miles on it.

I have spent thousands of dollars fixing this car up (approx. $9,500 invested) and the car is now up for sale due to family circumstances.

I bought this car a little over a year ago and have only put approx. 3,000 miles on it in that time period. 1,800 miles of that was driving it here from Florida last September after I purchased it.

For those who are not familiar with the car it is one of the only 2 door sportscars that are a true all-year sportscar in Colorado due to the Quattro All-Wheel Drive system. This car has the 225 HP version (AMU) of the very common 1.8L Turbo-Charged engine found in numerous Audis and VWs between 1997 and 2005. This version has a forged steel crankshaft, forged connecting rods, forged pistons and the larger K04 turbo - all from the factory. It is also mated to a 6 speed manual transmission.

The list of things I have replaced on this car in the last 3,000 miles is extensive. They include:
New Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires
Every single vacuum and PCV hose has been replaced
Timing Belt Service with high quality parts - Ultimate kit from ECS Tuning
- includes new Continental timing belt, NTN tensioner, water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, serpentine belt, etc.
Cylinder head rebuild by a reputable local company with a lot of 1.8t head experience
New spark plugs
New front control arm bushings
New front swaybar endlinks and bushings
New tierod end
High performance complete brake service on all 4 wheels - Stoptech Street Performance Pads, High carbon content steel rotors, Motul RBF600 high temperature brake fluid flush
New rear hatch struts
New driver's side window regulator

The car could use a new headliner which is $150 from Green Mountain Upholstery. It also needs a new defroster flapper valve motor which is $62.

The color is best represented by the passenger side picture, as the driver's side picture was in the shade. This would make a GREAT car for a high school or college student. Or, if you wanted to spend the money on the cosmetics it would be a first rate example of this very desirable car. With all the recent maintenance done to this car combined with the longevity of an Audi, it should serve you well for a long time to come. Sometimes the cell phone service in my building at work is not the best, so if I don't pick up just be patient Thanks for looking!

--Calvin
720-413-6163
Attached Images