Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Sold

Audi Other 2001 Nogaro Blue Audi S4 Avant Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Nogaro Blue Audi S4 Avant Sport - SOLD

I purchased the car on 7-29-2009 from a private seller in St. Louis, MO. The car had 103,504 miles on it and the car was stock except for the GIAC piggyback chip that I didn't know was on the ECU when I purchased it. The car has the convenience package, sport package and cold weather package. The car has just over 138,000 miles and it sounds great and runs well. I've only used oil change kits from ECS Tuning and the over-sized Mann filters. I REALLY hate to sell it but I need a larger car for my toddler's seat and a furnace for the house before it gets cold out.

I don't have the BOSE head unit, stock suspension or stock exhaust, all of the other parts I have. There are some other parts I bought to play with that are extras such as a spare grill and Y pipe. The diverter valve bodies are different colors but the internals are the same. I had them on my other S4 a while ago and then used one on the 1998 240sx with a blacktop in it and forgot to take it off when I sold the car for parts and I couldn't find another black one.

The stock wheels are decent shape and I have a set of 18" AT Italia wheels but 2 of them are out of round and I'm not sure that they can be fixed but come with the car, they're wrapped in Sumitomo rubber with a decent amount of tread left on them. I have the cargo net and cargo area cover. The headlights have aftermarket 10k bulbs with the stock ballasts. The shifter JHM SS kit has the lower height option. The ST coilovers and are the ride height adjustable units made for street use so they're durable but no damper settings. The downpipes are from Techtonics and have 400 cell high flow cats. The front bumper is from Uberhaus and I have the splitter for it but never painted or installed it, both are no longer made. The shop that painted and installed the bumper also cut out holes for the headlight washers in the bumper. I switched out the front turn signal bulbs to chrome ones which light up amber so it looks a little better. The front windshield was replaced about 10k miles ago and a limo tint strip for the sun was put on at that time. The car holds a steady 17psi which is what the ECU requests so that's good. I have a spare OEM Y pipe and intake cover that I bought used in blue but it turns out to be the wrong shade and I never got around to spraying it. I also aftermarket aluminum S4 pedals that I never installed either. The VAGcom cable and software can be transferred to the new owner of the car. I have some OEM parts I replaced such as the OEM subwoofer and it's amp and enclosure. I also have an OEM grill that I was going to convert into an RS4 style grill with the details the way I wanted but never got to that either. The driving lights for the Uberhaus front bumper were never installed, they're paint matched.

The records I have are from my ownership but the previous owner didn't have any because the dealership he bought it from didn't save them. I called the dealership and the guy remembered the car but said they don't keep the records. That is lame but I had no choice because I couldn't find anything like this one when I was looking for a while so I went with it.

The rear hooks for the cargo cover are broken. I have the carpet and glue to cover the sub box but after watching a vid of a pro doing it the process looks very difficult so that is why I have put it off. The cluster has the typical pixel issue, it looked perfect when I purchased the car and I left it turned off most of the time to try and save it but that obviously didn't work. The AT Italia wheels I have aren't on the car because two are out of round but the other two are fine and all have a decent amount of tread left on them.

Prices are the parts only shipped with tax, install costs are in maintenance papers
Grand total is $11,725 for just the parts

Aftermarket Parts
Goodridge SS braided brake lines - $168
30003.6 G-Stop Kit - All six, two in the front and 4 in the rear, installed by Auto Assets on 10/27/2011

ECS Tuning Magnetic Oil Plug - $20
It came with 10 copper crush washers, I have 9 left

Mod Shack VTDA Intake - $200
Made for an A4 but I was able to get it installed without any issues

Mod Shack Engine Bay Gasket - $10
Allows air to pass through out of engine bay reducing temps up to 18 degrees based on platform

GFB Stealth Hybrid Diverter Valve: Used - $225
Purchased in perfect condition because I only had one from my previous S4, I could only find a silver bodied one used

GFB Stealth Hybrid Diverter Valve: New - $340
Purchased new in a pair for my pervious B5 S4, they were a black pair and I left one on the 240sx with an SR20DET that I had sold

Front Chin Piece - $100
LLTEK chin piece for Uberhaus bumper - Hasn't been installed, no longer in production

APR Bi-Pipe - $275
Used but in very good condition

APR Bi-Pipe Hardware Kit - $49
Brand new from APR

Roof Spoiler - $317
Audi OEM Roof spoiler that's longer than standard unit and piggybacks it, from Audi Westwood

Window Tint - $458
Installed on 4/12/2012 by Quality Window Tint, Llumar Formula One - 5% except for 50% on the driver's and passenger's front doors, lifetime warranty is transferable

ASP DTS - $310
Installed on 10/7/2009 by Evans Automotive, I was informed that these were made with AWE by ASP so it's the same bar, I can provide the emails if desired

Techtonics Downpipes - $990
2.5" Turbo Downpipes with high flow cats, installed by Auto Assets on 10/6/2011

Techtonics Cat-Back Exhaust - $1,195
2.5" full dual exhaust with Borla mufflers and polished tips, installed by Auto Assets on 10/6/2011

Short Shift Kit - $281
JHM Shortshift kit with 1" reduced height

Shift **** - $53
Razo 400g shift **** in carbon fiber and dark chrome

DVD Head unit - $490
AVH-X8500BHS Pioneer DVD head unit with connector for iPod, wireless remote and mic

Reverse Bulbs - $54
ECS Tuning Ziza LED reverse bulbs

Floormats - $60
Schwaben black with red piping front and back from ECS Tuning

Mids/Highs Amp - $117
Hifonics Brutus X-14 x800.4, CES 2006 certified

Guage Cluster Dressing - $65
Carbon fiber gauge bezel cover and chrome gauge ring set

ST Coilover Kit - $759
Part #: 90603, they are only ride height adjustable

HID Bulbs - $38
10k DDM Tuning HID bulbs with OEM ballasts still in place, I just wanted a blue look to match the car

Clutch Kit - $518
Exhault OEM RS4 clutch kit installed on 09/22/2009 by Evans Automotive

Bentley Manual DVD - $99
From Ross Tech

VAGCOM - $263
Software and OBD to USB cable from Ross Tech

Grill - $50
Used OEM grill that I was going to use for an RS4 style using the same mesh that's in the bumper cover

Silicon Hose Kit - $125
From autopwr on eBay, they're cheap and don't fit well but I might as well give them to the next owner

Silicon Hose Kit - $139
A few Autobahn silicon hoses installed, the rest are in a bag

Amp Install Kit - $73
KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks 4 gauge kit

Sub - $50
10WX-4 10" JL Audio subwoofer

Sub Grill - $16
JL Audio SGRU-10 sub cover

Sub Amp - $140
Rockford Fosgate PRIME R500-1 mono amp CES 2006 certified with gain remote

Mids/Highs - Front - $85
Diamond Audio 4" 70w M341 component speaker set, installed behind BOSE spear covers

Mids/Highs - Rear - $57
Cadence Acoustics ZRS55 5.25" 180w 2 way speakers

Fuse Holder - $10
ANL 0/2/4 gauge fuse holder with 300 amp fuse

Binding Post unit - $4
2 5/8" Terminal cup with binding posts for sub box

Mids/Highs RCAs - $27
KnuKonceptz Karma SS 4 channel 6 meter cables

Power Distribution Block - $11
KnuKonceptz PB-1448 distribution block

GRAND TOTAL - $8,241

Misc. Parts
ECU Flash - $600
GIAC piggy back ECU chip with serial number verified - Already installed in the car when I purchased it, observed to hold 17psi steady

Triangle Talon TR968 Tires - $240
225/45/17 - V rated all season tires were removed for winter tires and have plenty of tread of them, amount shown is for new

AT Italia Flash Sport Wheels - ?
18"x8.5" - 2 piece wheels that are beat up and not usable but maybe you can get them fixed

Sumitomo Tires - $460
225/40/18 HRE+ ZR rated tires installed on AT Italia wheels, amount shown is for new

Uber Haus RS4 style front bumper - ?
No longer in production, traded OWM bumper for it and had it painted Nogaro blue

GRAND TOTAL - $1,300

OEM Parts
Wheel Bearing - $80
Newly installed at Auto Assets on 12/5/2014 for the rear passenger side

Control Arm Bushing - $53

C Screw for Control Arm - $28

Cabin Filter - $17
Newly installed on 4/1/2014 at Auto Assets

Oil Change - $74
Mobile 1 0w40, filter and crush washer at 125,500 miles performed at Auto Assets on 3/29/2012

Control Arm Kit - $692
Meyle Heavy Duty kit, German made, performed at Auto Assets on 3/29/2012

CV Boot - $52
Left front outer boot, performed at Auto Assets on 3/29/2012

Hawk HPS Street/Sport Brake Pads - $62
HB364F.642 rear pad set, installed at Auto Assets on 10/27/2011

SLC Rear Brake Caliper - $204
Two OEM calipers that were rebuilt

CV Boot - $52
Right front outer boot, performed at Auto Assets on 10/6/2011

o2 sensor - $134
Installed at Auto Assets on 10/6/2011

o2 sensor - $134
Installed at Auto Assets on 10/6/2011

120,000 Mile Service - $327
Performed on 6/02/2011 by MAG (Midwestern Auto Group)

Oil Change - $80
DSP oil, filter and crush washer at 119,174 miles performed on 6/02/2011 by MAG (Midwestern Auto Group)

Spark Plugs - $125
OEM plugs, performed on 6/02/2011 by MAG (Midwestern Auto Group)

Oil Change - $70
Synthetic oil, filter and crush washer at 114,778 miles performed on 9/16/2010 by Evans Automotive

GRAND TOTAL - $2,184

I'm looking to get $13,000 because of the mentioned needs and it's very rare from what I've found when looking it up and even more rare considering the packages it has:

How To Buy A Unicorn In Five Easy Steps

"Still, I lusted after the bi-turbo, all-wheel drive Avant. I had to have one, but I had stipulations. It had to be Nogaro Blue with a 6-speed manual. Between 2000 and 2002, Audi sold 1,540 S4 Avants in the US and according to the best information that the internet forums can provide, as few as 82 of those were Nogaro Blue. I think that estimate is too low, so let's double it to 160. Of those, just over half featured three pedals. I was looking for a car that had been out of production for over a decade, and (not taking into account cars that had been crashed, stolen or egregiously modified) only ninety total examples ever existed on these shores. Ninety special, pretty little unicorns.”

Front bumper:

Rear bumper:

Gauges:

Engine Bay:

Driver's Corner:

Passenger's Corner:

Center Console:

Cockpit:

Passenger side:

Rear Driver's side before bumper fix:

Rear Passenger's side before bumper fix:

Driver's seat:

Passenger's seat:

Driver's side rear seat:

Passenger's side rear seat:

Driver's front door:

Driver's rear door:

Passenger's front door:

Passenger's rear door:

Last edited by bhavedikian; 08-14-2015 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Adding embedded images